Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No Samsung Pay, no updates, stuck with EUX European CSC

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 12:20 AM)
GMScribe
Journeyman
Options

I just received my S21 Ultra today and found that Samsung Pay displayed messages in German and would not work. Upon investigation it appears to be locked on the EUX CSC instead of BTU and as a result I also don't receive firmware updates.

Reading around, it appears Italy had a similar issue requiring a last-minute firmware push to resolve. I've also read that this can happen if you turn your phone on for the first time without a sim card already inserted.

I can't find any way to change the CSC, previous mechanisms pre Android 11 no longer work and I've tried factory resets etc to no avail.

Am I alone in this?

Go to solution
156 REPLIES 156
JonnyPC
Journeyman
Options

I have this issue also, only got the phone direct from Samsung yesterday, tried the solution and it didn't work, Samsung Live Chat are an absolute nightmare and despite this being a known issue they are no help at all. I've been told to wait a few days or weeks and it should sort itself out.

0 Likes
Ionutp
Student
Options

If anyone have this issue , I solved it with samkey software from samkey.org.

I bought 3 credits from ebay (you need only 1 for csc change) and I changed csc from EUX to LUX.

Working like a charm.

P.S. Samsung service was not able to help me. I had phone in service for almost 3 weeks without any feedback from them.

ScotDroid
First Poster
Options
I just set up my s21+ in the uk with my Vodafone sim and it set up with a greece csc COS Cosmote unbelievable can anyone help with this at all tried everything now stuck on a greek service provider totally baffled.
0 Likes
Green_Samot
Pathfinder
Options

I had this problem when I first got my phone and tried all the suggested fixes but nothing worked.

I'm with BT (EE essentially) and the following day they sent an update which fixed it.

0 Likes
Blindie
Apprentice
Options

I got my S21 ultra today and stuck in the same problem and stuck with TPH/TPH,TPH/EUX/TPH. I setup the device with a german vodafone Simcard and now i have a eSim, but no changes. The May update didnt help.

0 Likes
Hussain
First Poster
Options

What pin number??

0 Likes
nkc1
Apprentice
Options

I'm also having the same problem with my S21+.  I got my phone in mid-April with a Three UK contract and set up the phone without a SIM card inside. Only recently did I realise I haven't been receiving any software updates, and after a bit of searching, I found this thread describing pretty much the same problems: Samsung Pay with German message, Samsung Members with error message, CSC of EUX. Tried the suggested method of turning off WiFi, removing SIM, turning off phone, replacing SIM, turning on phone, entering PIN -- however, it has not worked. No carrier updates yet. 

0 Likes
JakeG4
First Poster
Options

I've just got a new S21 Ultra and also having this issue, it only arrived today and I can't update it at all.

0 Likes
Paul_Houston
Pioneer
Options

Same issue here, phone's manufacture date was June 26th, so they know about it, yet still sending the phones anyway!! Sim out/in, reboots etc, nothing working. 

Andyg1989
Student
Options

Same problem here. Loaded without sim. With EE. Been 2 days no update. Can't use samsing pay etc.  None of the tips above seem to work. Stuck on EUX

0 Likes