Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gifts that give back - Galaxy S20 FE (SM-G780G) - False Advertising?

(Topic created on: 18-12-2021 02:12 PM)
jkkc313
Apprentice
Options

So i have purchased a Galaxy S20 FE (SM-G780G) and Galaxy Buds Pro on Samsung.com (UK - employee programme) last week which I understand to be eligble for £100 and £50 cash back + additional £50 for 2 second item totalling of £200 cash back.

However, i have now recieved my products and tried to claim it via their website it does not appear to have the S20 FE on the list. I then looked at the T&Cs and the S20 FE is not on the list for cashback, and only the S20 FE 5G model is. I initially thought i have misread when i brought the item so i went back to the listing page for the S20 FE, it has a massive banner stating that and i quote, "Claim £100 cashback when you buy this product" (see attached screenshot).

I then contacted Samsung via the phone, text and the giftsthatgiveback team and they said they cant do anything and i need to speak to another team and sent me round in circles. I have even provide the link and screenshot to show the £100 offer on the page and they are ignoring my request for support.

So to me, this is either a genuine mistake either on the listing or the promotion T&Cs and at worst false advertising. 

Final word, i have still had any useful response from Samsung to date... The only response i have had are... its not in the promotion, i cant help you or you need to speak to the other team.

Please help a very disappointed customer whom is feeling scammed.image.png

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
jkkc313
Apprentice
Options

hi, that is my problem. i can understand that the T&C does not include the S20 FE (4G) after looking at it now. But then why would the webpage for purchasing the S20FE (4G) list the offer (see my screenshot). This is very misleading which led me to purchase the item.

0 Likes
Fahmida
First Poster
Options
Hi, the link doesn't appear.
0 Likes
Jar178
First Poster
Options

Hey, I had the same issue as you, though I purchased the phone on 20 Dec 2021. 

When contacting the Samsung Promotions team, they informed me that it would be eligible for cashback if purchased no later than 13 Dec. Maybe this will help you.  See the screenshot below.

GalaxyS2013Dec.PNG

I've sent a message to the Samsung UK twitter account regarding my issue, I'll update if there is any more info.

0 Likes