Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faded Airplane mode, No Network

(Topic created on: 23-02-2022 09:08 PM)
ankit
Apprentice
Options

My Samsung S10 lite is not able to come out of the airplane mode after the security update 01 Feb 2022.

It is light blue in color and there is no network coverage.

20 REPLIES 20
GNA76
Student
Options

One would think that since this has been an issue for a couple years at least after software updates that Samsung would get their 💩 together and fix it. However my Note 10+ had this happen after the February 2022 security update and they had me send my phone in only to tell me it wasn't from that and it would cost over 1000 dollars for them to fix it when I only paid 469 for my phone a year ago. So to me this is just a messed up thing they do to get you to purchase a new phone. When mine worked great until I updated and when it came out of updating it was stuck in the light blue airplane mode instantly. It's disgusting and disappointing that they truly break our phones and act as though this issue is new to them. Good luck with your phone, mine is now a use only in wifi for apps etc phone. Frustrating. 

ckl126
First Poster
Options

Hi

It has taken some time, but I  went through the repair process twice, explaining the situation, in that I would not be paying for a repair as there was nothing wrong with my phone until after the Samsung update.

I am extremely please to say that the helpdesk, explained the situation to customer services and I was offered a replacement phone  (S20 model) or a monetary solution. I opted for the new phone, which has arrived and working fine.

I share your frustration, and can only suggest you call the helpdesk and try to get a similar resolution.

Regards, Chris 

0 Likes
GNA76
Student
Options

So what exactly did you say to get them to replace it? I would accept anything right now as I am using my old note 8 with a cracked screen. I'm actually trying to flash my 10 plus but it's not easy since mine is one with software that is harder to crack..(of course🙄) So I'm hoping I can flash it and take it back to a previous update and it will work but definitely not getting my hopes up. But maybe I will try CS once more b4 attempting it. Anything helpful to say to then that seemed to get them to change their mind would be awesome to know. Thanks!

0 Likes
ckl126
First Poster
Options

Hi

I can't really say much more other than that all I mentioned was the facts of my case, in that the phone was working fine until the 1st Feb 22 update so how can it be my fault or the phone be faulty e.g. it must be a software issue originating from Samsung. I also added the community dialogue and that I wasn't the only person affected. I added that I would not be paying for any repair as it was nothing I had done e.g. it was Samsung. The Helpdesk advisor understood what I as saying  took up my case with customer services and the result was as I explained. If I hadn't got a satisfactory answer, I would have gone to the ombudsman. All I can say is persevere and good luck.

Regards, Chris

0 Likes
Jonathan Marin
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly same issue here with my Note 10+ (except for the Sim Card status, I d'ont have the app you talk about). This is more than frustrating, I tried to rollback firmware to the latest Android 11 with no success, I then updated firmware via phone (normally) hoping it could fix issues but still nothing but this damned faded blue airplane mode.

0 Likes
Jonathan Marin
Apprentice
Options

Ok I finally found the solution after hours and hours of investigations and failed trials. Note that I did it on a SM- N9750 (Galaxy Note10+). The solution was so simple I can't believe it worked:
0. If you want to keep you data, please use Smart Switch for backup
1. Take your sim out of your phone
2. Factory reset your phone via parameters. The phone will reboot
3. Once reboot, the phone ask for your language as first thing to set, put your Sim In at this time.
4. Don't connect to WiFi at further step, Notice then that your network is back in the network Icon.
5. Finish settings, get your data back on your phone via Smart Switch.
6. Enjoy.

I hope this will work with you.
I am now with the last update of Android 12, OneUI4.1 and have no more network issue

0 Likes
S10LITE_User
First Poster
Options

Samsung UK repair center is blaming this fault on a liquid damage!! Which is not the case. There are so many S10 Lite owners here and having this issue, which happened after the last update from Samsung. Why isn't there a FIX for this from SAMSUNG? Not even acknowledging the fact that this is a software issue!

Truly disappointed by the experience I have received from Samsung Repair UK. They could have simply updated the phone to a previous update from last for testing purposes as that would have resolved this software bug.

Hard resetting the phone reinstalls the same software version so this will not help. 

😞

0 Likes
Suren478
First Poster
Options

I tried but doesn't work 

0 Likes
Sven111
First Poster
Options

So, 2024, same problem, different device

So, I have A52 4G, everything was fine, even new android 14 update was great, and same moment after mid April update I have same issue, no signal and faded airplane mode icon. I have tried everything suggested but still nothing, any fresh news about this matter?

0 Likes
Salmanalikhan
First Poster
Options

Hey Sven,

Same issue with my A52 4G did you get any solutions? 

0 Likes