Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency alert test

(Topic created on: 23-04-2023 03:17 PM)
Cocopops1298
Journeyman
Options
As we all know in the UK the emergency alert test has happened today at 3pm I have a Samsung s21 FE with my emergency alerts ON as I checked beforehand, I was also 5g connected but I never received the emergency alert today I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue? 
31 REPLIES 31
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
I got mine, s21 on EE. It came through a minute early.
jojoanne
Student
Options
I haven't as well with all the settings on, talked to chat in theory everything should have worked fine but it didn't
Case1188
Voyager
Options
No issues with my s23 ultra, o2
jojoanne
Student
Options
Im on three so lucky me:))1682264616953_1682264616944_0.jpg
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I turned off the alerts on my phones.
But it's been reported that some didn't get the alert, even though settings are on.
Something they will have to work on.
Personally I think the alerts are a pointless thing anyway

If anything ever happens. It will be all over social media and news platforms long before the government send out any alerts
Cocopops1298
Journeyman
Options
Thank you
0 Likes
Cocopops1298
Journeyman
Options
I agree with you there it's a waste of time like you said it would be all over social media first
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Glenntech  According to Government source:

A very small proportion of users on some mobile networks did not receive the message and that the failure will form part of the review.  Whether that is completely accurate another matter.   obviously it did not exactly go to plan  but perhaps not a total surprise.

In a major emergency I am sure  many   will find out via other means but I think the point is that not everyone necessarily  will.  Mind once a couple having a break in Cornwall had no idea the G7 summit was on and in Scotland after the original Census deadline had passed someone was totally unaware of it.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

keith30
Mastermind
Options
They announced a review of why some devices didn't receive the alert, so the test maybe repeated in the future. It's the 3 network at fault and some smaller providers too.
Paulf1
Voyager
Options
Turned mine off its just another tracker for the UK government...
0 Likes