Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black dot on screen

(Topic created on: 10-10-2021 06:04 PM)
Kate_93
Apprentice
Options

Random black dot on screen not sure where this has come from, just switched phone on from being out of charge and appeared.

IMG-20211010-WA0007.jpg

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Lknuddy
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue as Members_RryOBsp and I did as the post below stated and the small dot is still there? Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Lknuddy and all, 

do the spots change of place when you rotate the screen? Is this visible in all the screens and apps?

0 Likes
Lknuddy
First Poster
Options

Hi tess no the dot doesn't move is small and yes is visible on all apps and games i don't know how it appeared i simply turned my phone on earlier and it was there the phone was not powered off when I turned it on

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for that information @Lknuddy . 

In order to determine what the issue is with your device, please perform a hardware test on your phone. To do this dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad > Tap on ‘Red’, ‘Green’ and ‘Blue’ > Observe the colour displayed. If the colours still show the lines, there may be a hardware issue with your device. If this is the case the best thing to do is to take your phone to one of our Samsung Support Centres.  

You can locate your nearest Service Centre by heading onto the Samsung Members app> Support> Find a service centre or Request Service to arrange a repair.

0 Likes
Lknuddy
First Poster
Options

Hi tess I did the #0# thing and it said invalid mmr code sorry for all the bother! What do I do now

0 Likes
Normahn
First Poster
Options

If anyone has a solution (besides taking it in to replace - since it is out of warrenty), I'm all ears. I have the same issue on my S21+ and have tried all the same recommendations, with no solution.

0 Likes
Nevimdal
First Poster
Options

Thx helpfull

0 Likes
fersav
First Poster
Options
Hi I have all these dots when taking a picture with my front camera. Help please!!!20231023_112845_1000000879_1698056926.jpg
0 Likes
A D1
First Poster
Options

Screenshot - No Black Mark.jpg

 I have same issue. See x3 pics. The one without is a screenshot of this forum where it doesn't show so thinking a HW screen fault. But as other posters it seems a very perfect circle....Odd

Galaxy S10 5G - Display Issue.jpg

Photo of Device.jpg

0 Likes