Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newsroom

News and tips about Samsung products

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Member and Members Star @Oxygenic: “I’m always on the lookout for innovation”

Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

SENA-ES-IT-PL-UK-Community-Newsroom_Header_1500x110.png

Let’s get to know our Samsung Community members a bit better! This time it’s one of our original Members Stars who has been with us since the start, @Oxygenicsharing his tech knowledge and tips.

final_jimmy.pngHow did you choose your nickname, what's the story behind it?
Well, my nickname has been with me for close to 20 years now. It's been so long that the story behind it has become a bit of a blur. It's like the name chose me in the early days of the internet, and since then, we've been on countless adventures together. Unfortunately, the exact details of our origin story are lost in the mists of cyberspace, but hey, the mystery adds a bit of charm, doesn't it?

Tell us a bit about yourself?
I'm 47
and live in the beautiful outskirts of Stockholm, Sweden. By day, I'm a UX Design Manager, crafting digital experiences that blend seamlessly with the real world. Outside the digital realm, I'm a proud family person, happily married and blessed with three amazing kids who keep me on my toes.

When I'm not immersed in the world of design, you'll often find me exploring the great outdoors and relishing the tranquility of the wilderness. Nature is my escape, my sanctuary where I recharge my internal battery. I’m also a science fiction fan, and might have one Star Fleet uniform too many at home… On the tech side of things, I'm a smart home enthusiast, always on the lookout for innovative solutions to make life a little more convenient – and I love new tech in general, I drive electric and have a very connected lifestyle.

How did you come to be passionate about technology, mobile phones and IT&C in general?
I've been fascinated by technology and gadgets from a young age. My dad had this treasure trove of broken gadgets that became my playground for tinkering and attempting to fix things. I vividly recall the pride I felt with my first mobile phone, an GH 688 
from the mid-'90s, which, if memory serves me right, cost a whopping 6 SEK per minute to make a call.

Fast forward to 2002, and I welcomed my first Samsung, the SGH-T100 with color screen and polyphonic ringtones! Since then, I've dabbled with a plethora of PDAs, communicators, and handhelds. In the early 2000s, I even ran my own blog and forums dedicated to mobile gadgets. The tech bug bit harder when I imported the first revolutionary i-device from the US upon its release. It needed a jailbreak for proper use, but hey, I had it!

I spent a few years working for a tech magazine, testing devices and gadgets. I’ve always been surrounded by the latest gadgets — perhaps a bit too surrounded, if you ask my wife. My passion for technology has been a constant journey, from the early days of mobile blogging to importing cutting-edge devices and being among the first with new tech like foldables (I’m looking at you Samsung Fold!). It's not just a hobby; it's a lifestyle—one that keeps me eagerly anticipating the next innovation in the ever-evolving world of tech.

What Samsung products do you currently use?
I rely on the Galaxy S22 Ultra as my daily driver, and honestly, I can't find a reason to upgrade – it's packed with value and incredibly capable, making the S23 series less appealing for me. While I wouldn't mind revisiting a Fold, the steep price tag puts it on hold for now.
😞

In our household, we're immersed in the Samsung ecosystem. I enjoy The Frame TV, and my kids are still rocking their trusty Galaxy Tab S5e's. As for smartphones, it's a family affair with a lineup that includes the S21 Ultra, S22 Ultra, S21, and A54 5G. We're all in on the Samsung Galaxy experience!

Which Samsung products are you interest to try?
I'm relatively new to Chromebooks and recently picked up a Duet 3
, which has been a surprisingly cool little device. Considering my affinity for the Google ecosystem, I'm intrigued to explore Samsung's Chromebooks. As always, I'm eager to see what's next in the world of foldables; it's an area that continually captures my curiosity. Additionally, the new Smart Tag has caught my attention with its quirky design, and I'm keen to give it a try! 😊

How did you find out about Samsung Community and what made you active in the community?
I stumbled upon the Samsung Community through the Members app when I was looking to claim a voucher for some peripherals during a campaign for my new phone. It struck me that I could contribute here, sharing insights and helping others make the most out of their devices. The idea of being part of a community where users support each other was quite appealing, and that's what got me active!

What are your passions?
Beyond the tech realm, my passions include immersing myself in wildlife and the outdoors. As a proud science fiction 
enthusiast, I find joy in exploring the final frontier, both on and off-screen. I build starship models as a way to take a break and stay away from the otherwise endless scrolling in social media apps during late evenings. Additionally, I have a keen eye for good design—both digital and physical. I also appreciate interior design, with a love for the fusion of New England and classical Swedish styles.

What are your top 3 favourite apps?
Samsung Pay (who needs a physical wallet anyway?), Philips Hue (I can control all lightning in my house from my phone) and Spotify (takes me through my workdays).

Something you find entertaining at the moment? It can be anything!
Currently, my family and I are hooked on Swedish TV series, one about solving murder mystery and surviving on an island. Its become our go-to entertainment, a nice way to unwind and share some quality time after long days of work and school. We are all awaiting for this years Christmas calendar to start as well, they are fun even for us adults.

We hope you found this fun and learned something new - please leave any questions to @Oxygenic below! 👇😃

/Emmi from The Community Team

More from the community:

Community Member and Members Stars @Nagarebozhi: "I have always been a gadget nerd!"

Photo of the month: October

Tag it. Find it. Galaxy SmartTag 2! 

Community-Newsroom_Footer_1500x30.png

4 Comments