cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Introduce Yourself Thread

(Topic created on: 24-11-2017 10:59 AM)
AntS
Options

Figured we should have a thread like this.

Hi all! I'm AntS. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

I've worked for Samsung since 2014: starting on t'phone in the frontline Mobile/Tablets Tech Support team, moving on to the Online Shop Support team, then to the Social Media team, where I spent most of my time...  and which is how I ended up here.

My hobbies include reading (I might be a bit of a bibliophile), writing, drawing/design, the odd bit of rambling with my Dad, and despairing at the state of modern football (apart from at Lionel Messi - whom I might have a little mancrush on...)

I'm a Fantasy, sci-fi, comic book, and Saturday-morning cartoon geek. Love stuff like Lord of The Rings, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Blade Runner, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Supernatural, Babylon 5. Big fan of Transformers - the original '80s Generation 1 stuff rather than Bayformers.

692 REPLIES 692
Kingchris100
Explorer
Options

Hi Tony 1 word #jelous

0 Likes
RubyGloomDark
First Poster
Options

Hi all

I'm from the UK South Coast just turned 40 and got hooked on note phones it was very annoying having such a long time between 3 and 8 I've just managed to get a 8 which is awesome (and will be out of date in a couple of months I'm sure)

I use my phone for everything I used to be a computer engineer at IBM on pc's all day long but due to disability I cannot sit at a desk or use a keyboard and mouse even a tablet is very hard because I can't hold it I do have my mums old tab s on a flex arm in the bedroom as a TV controller to pick stuff off our media server or music etc and smart home things light and fan (I really want to get some more things a robot hoover is 1st on my wishlist and door locks with a camera 2nd maybe one day) 

Its really amazing what a few things can do to help 

If Samsung wants anything tested for disability compliance I'm all in 

Signature file not found... Error error out of cheese
skyendria69
Apprentice
Options

Hi introduce my name Skyendria from Indonesia. It's great to join the Samsung forum

zdanee
Student
Options

Hi all!

First time Samsung user after a long line of Anroid phones (after the ill fated Nokia N900). Got an S8 just last month mostly because it ticked all the boxes for what I wanted from my phone: headphone jack, reasonably powerful SoC, at least a FHD screen and possibly waterproofing and means to root. I was against AMOLED for a very long time, I hated the screen on the S3 and could still see artifacts on the S4, and after that I just ignored anything with a pentile-matrix arrangement, but now I'm pleasantly surprised. My previous phones were from Xiaomi right from the MiOne until the Mi4 I used up until now, but I found Xiaomi to go in a way I didn't like (no headphone jack, copying Apple and all the mistakes Apple made along with it, closed bootloaders, etc), and Samsung in the meantime cleaned down TouchWiz to a state where I could tolerate it (in the S4 era it looked like it's own clanky knockoff). It's not to say I didn't find any problems with the S8, but overall it's a good phone I'm happy with.

01Tonyc02
Journeyman
Options

hi well us an amazing phone my only moan is that you cant recird youre phone calls because of samsung restrctions mmm ok 

0 Likes
TinaR
Apprentice
Options

Hello AntS!

Thanks for creating this thread!

I'm Tina --- I am new with anything Samsung, has just received my S9+ 256 yesterday :smileyvery-happy: and already got my way around the basics... and managed to ruin my Zagg shield when trying to put it on 😞

I'm looking forward to use all of its potentials.  My line of work as system analyst requires fast phone with heaps of storage and big RAM ... I'm doing interractive presentations too, training and such... I am hoping S9+ will be up for the tasks.

I've been reading the '8 most helpful tips', '23 tips & tricks' and such online...

I'm wondering, for powerusers, which one(s) of S9+ functionalities and specs you value most?

I'd love to hear your input/comment/tips/hints and anything in between!!!

Cheers

Tina

NZ

TracyR
Options

Hi all!

I'm Tracy, I'm originally from Newcastle, but moved down to Yorkshire for university. I've been working for Samsung for almost 2 years now!

I love technology, photography, art, travel, being at the seaside, going to the cinema and TV shows - Although I have so many to catch up on, because I can't stop rewatching The Office US and Friends over and over again! Speaking of Friends, how many of you have been to Friendsfest? I go every year with my best friend 10/10 would recommend. 

I'm also in love with my PS4, and I've recently bought a PSVR and my life is now complete. 

You'll see me around the forums commenting on threads, dishing out kudos and accepting solutions. 

:womanlol:

P.S Maybe my signature gave it away, but I also love Sherlock... and Benedict Cumberbatch!

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

TinaR
Apprentice
Options

Andddd....

This morning I've just found out the glory of the Edge functions & I'm really REALLY over the moon!!!

What a time saver and I love the fact that I can do what I thought only be made available for Galaxy Note Edge folks...

Et ... voila!

Very impressive! 💖

TravelMono
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I would like to introduce myself. 

My name is George. I am a part-time editor on Travel Mono news site. I am a big fan of Samsung tech, and I am always on the outlook for new tech to incorporate into my travels and articles.

I can't say I am very tech savvy, but that doesnt stop me being inspired and enjoying new technologies. 

I am using an iphone at the moment (is that a swear word here?), but it barely functions, and I am looking to replace it with a Samsung upgrade this year. 

I am also researching a new laptop and tablet to purchase for myself. A laptop that works well in humid and warm climates is a priority.

Samsung TVs - I swear by them. I have had a few over the years, and I am really impressed with all I have purchased. My wife convinced me to buy an LG a few years ago. Never again! terrible purchase. So looking for another high end Samsung TV to replace that watse of money. 

Going to use this community for my tech research, and maybe learn something from you guys :smiling-face:

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Welcome on board, George! It's great to have you as part of the Samsung family. We're sure you'll find our Community site a welcome and interesting place to help improve your tech know how! Just drop us a line if there's anything you need a hand with and we'll be sure to do our best to help out.