cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Introduce Yourself Thread

(Topic created on: 11-03-2018 06:26 PM)
AntS
Options

Figured we should have a thread like this.

Hi all! I'm AntS. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

I've worked for Samsung since 2014: starting on t'phone in the frontline Mobile/Tablets Tech Support team, moving on to the Online Shop Support team, then to the Social Media team, where I spent most of my time...  and which is how I ended up here.

My hobbies include reading (I might be a bit of a bibliophile), writing, drawing/design, the odd bit of rambling with my Dad, and despairing at the state of modern football (apart from at Lionel Messi - whom I might have a little mancrush on...)

I'm a Fantasy, sci-fi, comic book, and Saturday-morning cartoon geek. Love stuff like Lord of The Rings, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Blade Runner, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Supernatural, Babylon 5. Big fan of Transformers - the original '80s Generation 1 stuff rather than Bayformers.

692 REPLIES 692
Miche30584
Journeyman
Options

No, a different sim/number... I don't think whatsapp saves to the sim ...🙁

0 Likes
TheWall69
Navigator
Options

I swapped my sim from Note 4 to S8. Vodafone did their stuff and off i went.

Can you put old sim in new phone and use that to find your stuff?

If not take everything to your phone shop and ask them to help you.

0 Likes
Miche30584
Journeyman
Options

You've gone from the same "platform" if you get me? Android....I'm swapping from ios/iPhone and my stuff is save on Apple cloud. I can't access it on android...

TheWall69
Navigator
Options

I know. Do you still have the iPhone ?

Is it still accesable from that?

Have you googled this issue?

Miche30584
Journeyman
Options

I've googled it and I wasn't able to find a solution. I have Google drive and backed up all my contacts and photos.

I thought I was able to use Google drive for WhatsApp but unfortunately I couldn't. 

I've managed to transfer all my photos, contacts and normal messages. I've basically got everything from my iPhone  accept my whats app stuff. 

I guess I'll have to accept that I can't get the whatsapp stuff 😕

0 Likes
TheWall69
Navigator
Options

Well dont give up just yet. Someone else on here might be able to help you.

Have you asked WhatsApp to see if they can help ?

0 Likes
L-G-2018
Student
Options
Hello I'm new to with my s8.
Beccic
Pathfinder
Options

Well hello!

I'm Becci & am an absolute Samsung lover!! Apart from the early days in the 90s when there was little choice, I've only ever veered away from the brand once (& lasted 3 months before going back). Love my 360 cam & VR headset - yes I'm that sad!

When I'm not on my phone, I've either got my trusty oboe in my hand or a crochet hook. 

Love the community spirit on here :smiling-face: 

Gaz83
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone. Self confessed tech phobe here! SamsungS8 owner. How we all doing?

BaxteruK
Navigator
Options

Hi, 

I'm Baxter, Big Tech fan and self confessed geek. I currently work for the Samsung UK Technical Team.

Currently working as part of the S9 technical team. Decided i wanted to get involved on the forum's 

I have yet to purchase my S9+ but this will be happening in the coming month's. 

Thanks 

Baxter