Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WTF have you done with the stinking Bixby key

(Topic created on: 17-08-2021 04:17 PM)
smithsmobile
Explorer
Options
Take Bixby and shove it where the sun dont shine.

The bixbey key was opening my file manager , it was doing something useful and now you've crippled it. 

It's the hardware elephant in the room.

For christ sake I dont want Bixby, give me back the ability to make it do something usefull
11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options

@smithsmobile: If you're unhappy, and want to stop the Side key from opening Bixby, then head to Settings > Advanced Features > Side Key, and switch it to 'Power Off Menu'. 

0 Likes
smithsmobile
Explorer
Options
They have disabled the ability to make the rotten Bixby key do anything other than open Bixby.

I would rather chew tinfoil and shave my head with a cheese grater than use bixby
smithsmobile
Explorer
Options
I want the ability to make it do something usefull as it did before, single click for my file manager and double click for music.

Talk about being forced to use something you dont want
smithsmobile
Explorer
Options
FK you $hamsung
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@smithsmobile  You have made your point but some people like Bixby though obviously it has its critics.   It is possible to open an app or the camera with a double press of the side key.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

smithsmobile
Explorer
Options
I got it working again but only for a single press (now turns my torch on) but double press can no longer be used.

Initially I got a message saying the feature was unavailable.

Also nearby device scanning and wifi scanning had been turned on!
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@smithsmobile  oh right,  double press working ok on my device.  You could try clearing the cache partition  to see if that makes a difference.  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AndrewL
Options

@smithsmobile: Head back to Settings > Advanced Features > Side Key > Double Press (toggle the switch on) > Open App > Select an app e.g. My Files. 

dogboneF70
Journeyman
Options
Do you also do this for eBay?
Just that is the number 2 fave comment?!
"Please, try clearing the CACHE!!" LUVVERLY?!
(The number one being, Sorry we can't help you with that. It's outside our STRATOSPHERE!) OK, that's a shortened version of what the REALLY SAY!🤭.
0 Likes