Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless charging - does anyone use?

(Topic created on: 07-01-2021 04:01 AM)
matrixstar
Explorer
Options

I got a wireless charger for my S10+.

It's not a Samsung one - but a highly reviewed on Amazon.

It's not a cheap one either, it's at the higher end.

I really don't like it!

The phone gets hot. Not excessive that I can't hold, but I would say it was hot and not warm.

Charging is slower (I knew that)

I read it wastes a lot more electricity as well

Just wondering if anyone else actually uses a wireless charger all the time?

If so, maybe I should try a Samsung wireless charger?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
When im constantly picking up and putting my phone down with use then i put it on the wireless charger.
And in my car, the phone holder is wireless charger too so it charges on the holder. Means I don't have to keep plugging and unplugging it when i get in and out of the car.

But for normal charging and when i need a quick charge i use a superfast wired charger to get a rapid, efficient charge.

Wireless has its uses, but not really as a primary method of charging.
As you mentioned it does generate more heat and my Note 10+ does get hotter on a wireless charger, and excessive heat increases the rate of battery degradation so should be avoided.
TheoSaunderson
Student
Options
A really cool use I have found for reverse-wireless isn't to top up a dying device, it's to plug my phone in at night and charge my Galaxy Buds on top of my S10e. it's really useful because I only need one cable that way though I am worried it might have stressed the battery too much. I got my ExynosS10e in July 2019 and it drains rather quickly nowadays.
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
to me its just a gimmick. reverse charging is another gimmick... but I'm only talking from my own experiences and opinions. there are fast wireless chargers and super fast wireless chargers when I last seen... dunno if there's a ultra super mega fast charger by now but I just stick to my plug and cable. my favourite cable is the metallic Ventev ones if any of you guys are looking for decent durable cables.
0 Likes