Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

WiFi calling not working on S10e

(Topic created on: 08-09-2021 02:19 PM)
DrPepper1
Explorer
Options

Hi all, I have moved to an area with no phone signal to speak of, I have turned on wifi calling on both my S10e and my other half's A50, the A50 is working mine isn't.

We have looked it up and tried most things (restart, turn mobile off, clean the sim, making a call, turning the wifi calling off and on) but it's just not working on mine.  I have read that it could be to do with the software updates and to possibly downgrade, but I do not know how to do this.  Can anyone advise please? 

Thanks 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
DrPepper1
Explorer
Options

Yes I know, I don't have the phone unfortunately 😑

0 Likes
DrPepper1
Explorer
Options

Hi, you were right. Phoned virgin and because i was on a  sim only deal and they have no knowledge of what phone I am using, the wifi calling was turned off at their end. They have now put in a request to do this which may take 24 hrs, but I've just turned phone on and off and its working. Thanks so much. 

Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Excellent, glad you got that sorted without changing the phone or network. I've learnt something new there... that even Samsung devices purchased from Samsung direct will still work with WiFi calling (on Virgin at least anyway) just the plan needed updating. Thanks for letting me know and selecting solved for me.
DrPepper
Student
Options
No problem, I'm so glad it's sorted thanks to your help 😊