Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

WiFi calling not working on S10e

(Topic created on: 07-09-2021 03:55 PM)
DrPepper1
Explorer
Options

Hi all, I have moved to an area with no phone signal to speak of, I have turned on wifi calling on both my S10e and my other half's A50, the A50 is working mine isn't.

We have looked it up and tried most things (restart, turn mobile off, clean the sim, making a call, turning the wifi calling off and on) but it's just not working on mine.  I have read that it could be to do with the software updates and to possibly downgrade, but I do not know how to do this.  Can anyone advise please? 

Thanks 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Are you connected to a WiFi signal
. As with my s10 and s21
Unless you are connected to a WiFi signal the phones will default to the carrier signal
0 Likes
DrPepper1
Explorer
Options

Yes I am. Really don't understand why it works on one mobile and not another

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Go into connections and look at the WiFi settings, this should show the available WiFi.
If it shows a connection you own, then log on to it.
0 Likes
DrPepper1
Explorer
Options

I am logged in to my wifi though 

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Are you and your partner both on the same networks or different networks?

Where did you both get your devices from? The network direct or Samsung or somewhere else?
0 Likes
DrPepper1
Explorer
Options

HI, we are both with Virgin.  I am pretty sure I got mine straight from Samsung, and partner says he got his via Virgin.  Could that be the reason why?  

Solution
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Yeah, it's a possibility... for Samsung devices... WiFi calling is a network feature so would require the network firmware which means it has to be from the network. This is the same case for Vodafone WiFi calling too... I've seen a few posts about WiFi calling not working and 9/10 times it is because the device is from the manufacturer rather than the network.

This is just my opinion... I can't say for definite this is the case, you can contact Virgin technical team to try to confirm.
DrPepper1
Explorer
Options

lovely thanks, ill check that out

nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
If WiFi calling is enabled there should be a small telephone icon in the top right of the screen, meaning you are ready for WiFi calling
0 Likes