Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

WiFi Calling - Android 11

(Topic created on: 06-01-2021 09:49 AM)
Sid001
Pioneer
Options

If you had WiFi calling before Android 11 update and its missing now, this is probably because you had the SIM in the phone during the install. (I know it sounds daft).

Restart the phone without the SIM card, after restart put back your SIM and you should find WiFi Calling menu item on Phone app Settings.

I have used this method on an unlocked S20 on O2 and its worked for me.

56 REPLIES 56
Sid001
Pioneer
Options
Cool glad it worked in the end.
0 Likes
Sid001
Pioneer
Options

Hi, if the reboot has worked the WiFi Calling setting appears in the Phone App. Open the Phone app and select Settings from the menu icon. I have attached a screen shot to this thread.

0 Likes
Solution
Sid001
Pioneer
Options

As an update to my first solution, you might like to follow this if its not worked first time round.

Restart the phone without the SIM card, after restart put back your SIM and you should find WiFi Calling menu item in Phone app Settings.

Make sure you don't have any second SIM's or eSIM's on the device. If it does not work first time, try turning Airplane mode on before switching the phone off, switch phone off, remove SIM, reboot and switch Airplane mode off (I.e. the phone can connect to WiFi) then once connected to WiFi insert the SIM card. Then check for setting.

0 Likes
MarkyMark999
Apprentice
Options
Hi All, it is now working!

Tak SIM out
turn off phone for 2mins
boot up, sign into phone and leave for 5mins
add SIM back
go into phone App
settings
option appears
0 Likes
MarkyMark999
Apprentice
Options
see my response below!
0 Likes
Sid001
Pioneer
Options
Cool glad it worked
0 Likes
Sprk
Apprentice
Options
this worked!!! thanks so much.
0 Likes
Sid001
Pioneer
Options
Glad it worked
MarkyMark999
Apprentice
Options
it's gone again!!!
0 Likes
Sid001
Pioneer
Options
Did the phone get rebooted or do an auto rebooted?

if it did then I can understand as the bug seems to require the fix after each rebooted. Hopefully Samsung / Google / the network can fix it soon.