Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why have they screwed Samsung notes up ?

(Topic created on: 23-09-2020 06:39 PM)
ConcreteSurfer
First Poster
Options

My samsung phone has just updated my 'Samsung notes' and it is terrible !
it looks like Apples iPhone notes .
I cannot edit my old notes which contain personal information , i cannot file any notes in any of my old folders , which makes over a thousand notes written and filed over 2 years useless .
I now have to try and transfer all my notes over to an independent software to be able to access them.

They have taken what was the best note maker available and destroyed it making it useless .
I suggest Samsung first look on Google at the play store at the '1 star reviews' they have received and correct it it ...bring back the old notes program.

Deeply disappointed

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

12 REPLIES 12
Bigbros
Student
Options
Thank you for letting us know what happened when you updated Samsung Notes.
I have been receiving several notifications to update Samsung Notes but haven't bothered.
The only time I tried, it didn't go through and I am so pleased that it didn't update.
Sorry to hear about what has happened to you
FedupnewNotes
Student
Options
Agree with you. Total rubbish. I de-installed twice the update losing my notes each time. Only got them back due to backup and Samsung keeps on updating. So infuriating
Doodbroman
Student
Options

Why isn't there an option to save a note to my homescreen for easy access? Make it simple! 

Doodbroman
Student
Options

Just a work around on editing old notes. Open the note and tap the pen icon, then choose screen write.

Then do a little dance and solve gravitational wave function Z after kissing a marmaset while whistling.

THEN! Maybe you can sort of edit the old note. 

Jaimi
First Poster
Options

I agree - it cuts your notes in half, and access to the bottom half is only available via some unknown method. What junk.

0 Likes
HeavySnoteUser
Student
Options

Yes it is tottaly rubbish, they are keep changing the format of snote, I could add new section to a note but now I can not. Also when you buy higher model you can not transfer your old snotes. I am buying samsung note for only snotes now ı will not buy anymore because it is useless. 

xboa721
Apprentice
Options

Agreed. The update is horrendous. Automatic pagination has completely wrecked the usefulness of this app. I now have arbitrary page breaks for a notes program I WILL NEVER PRINT FROM like a word document. Don't they realise, I already have MS Word! I needed notes to DO A DIFFERENT JOB which it was doing superbly. Now it is simply a mess.  So disappointing to have my work flow system crashed by Samsung. Without warning. With no undo. Appalling behaviour by Samsung.  AND ... no automatic update for old notes - they have to be converted one by one. AND ... I can't set the background colour to a default colour and now I have to manually and laboriously change the background colour to white so I can read my notes. Some of the worst programming and design directives I've witnessed in years.

MT16
First Poster
Options

Total piece of *****. I have been a note fan since the note 2. I will not buy another one unless they change it back or make it easier to use. and actually use normal people (not computer geeks) to field test their products. The biggest disappointment with Samsung. I have have hundreds of notes that are useless now. All the steps you take just to save a note and keep it organized. What a piece of *****. 

0 Likes
xboa721
Apprentice
Options

I feel the need to write again because, well, currently using a NOTE 9, it's a samsung NOTE which supposedly should have something to do with making NOTES. Consistently changing the file format, treating our notes with complete disregard and disrespect has undoubtedly been trying. I've been an avid samsung supporter for over 10 years. This is the point that will see me move away from sadsung to another android platform. it may not work as well but to have the expectation a multi-thousand dollar platform would protect my IP shattered is just abominable and deserves corpor(ate) punishment.

0 Likes