Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I deactivate "special access > wifi control" for google services?

(Topic created on: 24-09-2021 01:35 PM)
Options
Hello community,

I always asked myself why sometimes my wifi, my bluetooth or other connections get activated by themselves, although I don't want to use them. Finally, I found in the settings of my device (tab s7+) the "special access" settings and realized under "wifi control" that I can't prohibit the google apps (google services, play store, etc.) from searching and connecting to wifi networks without my consent and without my awareness. It is scandalous that behind my back google services can connect to any wifi and send their data. Moreover, that wifi network might not be safe. Why am I not allowed to stop this? On other brands' devices there is not such an issue. Apps, especially google services, can control my bluetooth and wifi as they wish to. Now do I have to deactivate every sinle app after the other? Or is there any other possibility to handle this issue? I don't have any problem with google but this one goes way too far.

a samsung fan

thanks in advance
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Options
Here is a screenshot of the settings...Screenshot_20210924-123517_Settings_5637.jpg
0 Likes
Guido-A53-5G
Pathfinder
Options

First the translation😎

Ich habe mich immer gefragt, warum manchmal mein WLAN, mein Bluetooth oder andere Verbindungen von selbst aktiviert werden, obwohl ich sie nicht nutzen möchte. Schließlich fand ich in den Einstellungen meines Geräts (Tab s7+) die Einstellungen für den "besonderen Zugriff" und stellte unter "Wifi-Steuerung" fest, dass ich den Google-Apps (Google-Dienste, Play Store usw.) nicht verbieten kann, ohne meine Zustimmung und ohne mein Wissen nach Wifi-Netzwerken zu suchen und sich mit ihnen zu verbinden. Es ist skandalös, dass die Google-Dienste hinter meinem Rücken eine Verbindung zu einem beliebigen WLAN-Netzwerk herstellen und ihre Daten senden können. Außerdem ist dieses WLAN-Netzwerk möglicherweise nicht sicher. Warum darf ich das nicht unterbinden? Bei den Geräten anderer Hersteller gibt es dieses Problem nicht. Apps, insbesondere Google Services, können mein Bluetooth und WLAN nach Belieben steuern. Muss ich jetzt jede einzelne App nacheinander deaktivieren? Oder gibt es eine andere Möglichkeit, dieses Problem zu lösen? Ich habe kein Problem mit Google, aber das hier geht zu weit.   Übersetzt mit www.DeepL.com/Translator (kostenlose Version)😉

Well I can understand your frustration but aren't we all kind of f u c k e d by the tech corporations and their subsidiaries, sorry for the expression. I'm deliberately sparing myself the enumeration and details on the splitting of the corporations, from which it is clear who monitors whom and how the data is forwarded. Alleged protections are more than just a chill pill for users. Believe me, other corporations have these capabilities and use them, and you have no control over who gets what. the state and corporations complement each other and exchange data.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

0 Likes
Options
Hello Guido, thanks for your statement. I don't think there is a solution either. It's really a pity.
0 Likes
Guido-A53-5G
Pathfinder
Options

You're welcome, as users we are just sheep whose data flows into dark channels. Therefore, you should always be careful with what you save and store on the net. I wish you a relaxing weekend.

0 Likes
LW0108
Mastermind
Options
That is probably one of the many reasons why Google services are free. When you buy an Iphone, you get worse hardware but therefore more secure software.
0 Likes
Guido-A53-5G
Pathfinder
Options

Well, faith moves mountains, who thinks the companies have an interest in protecting users should inform themselves how data is tapped without the knowledge of the user or how to make it palatable. I have also used Apple devices for years now only an Ipad. More security is wishful thinking or you could also say a placebo. The corporations live on the user data whether Microsoft Google Apple etc. The price differences are already significant partly whether justified I let times open.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

0 Likes