Why all the bloatware!?

(Topic created on: 23-08-2021 10:16 AM)
step2far
Student
Options
Simply Samsung, why all the bloatware?
 Your losing favour fast !
And lots of future customers !
You need to rethink your strategy immediately !
Before it's too late for you and we all say goodbye to you 👋.
Sincere advice.
7 REPLIES 7
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
Or you know you could delete and disable all the bloatware apps??
0 Likes
Slizzered
Navigator
Options
Many of them can't be disabled or deleted. Bixby and Samsung Pay being 2 examples. Some of them won't even let you alter permissions or optmise battery usage.

Bottom line is, removing all the bloatware requires root

Removing all bloatware requires root,
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
That's odd? Because ive disabled Samsung pay on my s10+ and bixby isn't set up so when i press the button all i get is a notification telling me it needs to be set up and i disabled Bixby routines.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @step2far  You should be able to uninstall Samsung Pay by  tapping and holding the icon,there are three options - Select,Add to Home and Uninstall.  Disabling involves  opening Samsung Pay,going to the Menu-settings-use Favourite cards.   Toggle the switch to off for Lock Screen,Screen off and Home Screen.  see more here https://fixyourandroid.com/how-to/remove-disable-samsung-pay-app-galaxy-s-notification-bar/ 

To disable Bixby for modern Devices such as S20 Series ,Note 20,S21 series

1. Press and hold the side key of the device.
  2. Tap on Side key settings.
  3. Toggle on Power off menu under Press and hold. 
  4. To fully disable Bixby on the side key, make sure Open Bixby isn’t toggled on under Double press.   If your Device has a Bixby key you can remap it.

See more here:   https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-disable-bixby-key/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
step2far
Student
Options
The option should be ;
If you don't need the app you should be allowed to uninstall it...full STOP!
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's always been like this with Samsung and other manufacturers for as long as I can remember.
Options
You can disable and stop anything...