Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp photos can no longer be moved/copied to the Secure Folder

(Topic created on: 19-01-2022 10:42 PM)
Flumpaloo
Journeyman
Options

Hi, the recent update has stopped me being able to move/copy whatsapp photos to the Samsung Secure Folder. I have no problems with normal gallery photos and until the last Samsung update  no issues from the WhatsApp Folder.

If I can move/copy photos from WhatsApp folders into other gallery folders I can then transfer them into the Secure folder...its very annoying.  Do I need to change a setting or is this just the way it is now?

I am using an S20

63 REPLIES 63
TdF8
Student
Options

My S10+ has the same issue since the latest update.  Several other things are not working properly too, e.g. volume controls for media/chromecast etc.

0 Likes
SilentShielder
First Poster
Options

Create an Album, move all your pictures you wish to move to the album you just created and move the Album to secure folder.

StevieDunne86
First Poster
Options

Hi, I copied to a folder, then moved them from there

Flumpaloo
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for sharing. I have been using this workaround since I noticed the problem It would be better if the issue was fixed properly!
Gyan6
First Poster
Options

Thanks the suggestion worked. Let's wait to see once Samsung completes the testing properly

0 Likes
Samra98
First Poster
Options

I'm facing the same problem with note 20 ultra.

but to avoid this error, I move the photos I need to get it secured into another folder in my gallery like camera folder, then move it to secure folder and it works!

but tbh, it's so annoying to do this every time I try to move a whatsapp attach there.

0 Likes
Zombie06
Student
Options

I have also been having same problems since the update with galaxy s21 ultra I also can not move pics out of my secure folder 

Flumpaloo
Journeyman
Options
It is very annoying!
0 Likes
DavidDCC
First Poster
Options

I got the solution, go to files and move the photos/videos to another folder, I move them to download, and then you can move them to Secure folder, I think it has to do with WhatsApps having the photos open on the app or using them, it worked for me.

David

0 Likes
S21 FE1
First Poster
Options

Try to first transfer the image from WhatsApp folder to camera folder in gallery and then try to transfer in secure folder. I had this same issue and tried this method. It works

0 Likes