Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WhatsApp Backup

(Topic created on: 07-08-2023 11:35 PM)
Chalmont
Apprentice
Options
Hi. 
Looking to buy a new mobile - how do I keep and transfer over my WhatsApp messages ? It backs up every day at 2am but I have No idea to where.

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Vetri
Helping Hand
Options
You have the option to backup your WhatsApp to Gmail/Google account and then you can easily restore. It's in WhatsApp - settings - chat - chat backup
GusB
Black Belt 
Options
Probably Google drive - click this in your settings to confirm. On your new phone it will either prompt you to restore or you can manually do itScreenshot_20230807_225639_WhatsApp.jpg
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Chalmont  The whatsapp back ups are linked to the phone number and account when it was set up (in Google Drive)    when setting whatsapp in the new phone you will be prompted to restore if a back up exists  as has been mentioned (as long as same account and phone number).

See more information here  https://faq.whatsapp.com/618575946635920?cms_platform=android&helpref=faq_content 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Go into WhatsApp
Tap on the 3 dots on the top right
Go to settings and chats
Scroll down to backup

On the new device after you put your sim card in
Download WhatsApp
Go yo sign in and tap on restore when prompted to restore from your backup

That's how I do it
If you are changing from an iPhone to android
That's more complicated
Chalmont
Apprentice
Options
Many thanks for this 👍
Chalmont
Apprentice
Options
Many thanks for this. When you say sign in to Whatssapp on new phone - what would it ask me for to do this, don't remember doing this last time.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Firstly put your phone number in
Then user name
Think it will then ask if you want to restore
Say yes and it will load up your backed up data
0 Likes