Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would put you off from buying another Samsung phone?

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 07:53 AM)
MetalMarky
First Poster
Options
First, I have to say that I am a long supporter of Samsung mobile phones and will probably continue to buy the next model. However, I don't know about you, but the only thing I can think of that could potentially put me off is Bixby. I just don't get the point of it since it doesn't have the voice associated products outside the phone like Google Home, Alexa and something most likely beginning with a little "I". It isn't so much that though, but because I neither use or see the point, let me just uninstall it and get rid of it. Enforced apps put over the native OS are my biggest bugbear but Bixby in particular. Does anyone else feel the same way? 
9 REPLIES 9
Kerryann23
Explorer
Options
I agree, if I could change bixby to Google it would be much easier and more appealing to me.
RedDotCom
Journeyman
Options
I totally feel the same about Bixby. It seems to pop up at the most inconvenient times and I have no use for it at all. It is so hard to remove and then there is a phone update and it's back again. I spend so much time trying to remove 'bloatware' from my phone. Honestly, it's been hours and hours of trouble, and getting nowhere. Privacy is another bugbear of mine. I hate cookies and don't see why I should allow anyone access to my personal files. A Big thumbs down for Bixby from me 👎
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
The apparent lack of quality control right across the ranges regardless of how much the phones cost is putting me off wanting a Samsung phone again. I have owned two in the past but am currently using a Moto G4 still which speaks volumes for the build quality of that...
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Rising prices mostly but lack of up to date tech (not something Samsung typically do). I've owned 6 android Samsung phones and 2 non android Samsung smartphones so I'm a fairly regular customer of their phones. They've given us the most advanced and unique phones over the years (like the first micro hdd in a phone!) or the fact their flagship androids have always had OLED screens, the largest screens etc. So the day they stop putting in the most advanced tech first or thereabouts, is when they lose my interest.
0 Likes
DirtyGary
Journeyman
Options
I wouldn't buy another Samsung mobile because they're broke!! My phone (Galaxy S20+ 5G) constantly freezes then restarts. The Internet is littered with other users having the same problems and none of the solutions work. Samsung are doing nothing about it. I previously submitted a post exposing this problem but they have now blocked me submitting another post as they are trying to silence me. I can only submit a comment on other posts! If you're having the same issue then please expose it. These phones are expensive but broken!!
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Actually the OLED screen is something I'd actively avoid because Samsung aren't using pixel shift like LG do to avoid screen burn in. They then charge customers trading in S20 for S21 for example because screen burn in = excess fault charge of £25. Abhorrent...
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Hmm I own Galaxy S, Note 3, S8+, Note 10+ 5G, S20 Ultra and S21 Ultra, none of them have any signs of screen burn in. Guess I'm pretty lucky to not have seen this with their OLEDs.
0 Likes
neonfour
Navigator
Options

Bixby.

All of the duplication of Samsung apps (browser, mail, contacts, calendar, pay... yada yada)

Continued bloatware of other software on Samsung devices (Free, Themes, Facebook, Netflix)

Worst of all, its a lack of Samsung to acknowledge what people are saying and reporting.

0 Likes
Phil6
Explorer
Options

Completely agree. Bloatware in general, Bixby most of all. 

Just lost use of the Bixby button for my camera, as they updated it so you can't change the functionality without signing up.

Now have a pointless button on the phone with no useful function. 

0 Likes