Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what happened to the weight management option on Samsung health??

(Topic created on: 06-08-2020 11:41 PM)
Valebarts
Apprentice
Options
What happened to the weight management function???? I cannot see it in the app, although it still says under weight set a target, but then it doesn't show! How am I supposed to manage my weight if I cannot see how much I eat vs how much I consume?!!!!! How come the more they update the app the worse it gets?? Rather than solving issues like cycling doesn't track any consumption of calories they create new issues? I think whoevee is the IT developer of this app s/he should change job...😑
67 REPLIES 67
dontaskagain
First Poster
Options

I cant belive this, the reason I switched from Apple was i was sold 4 months ago on the weight loss tracking, I bought the active watch the s20 and you know what I loved it i lossed 20 pounds in 4 months I recommended to friends and family, and you remove the most useful wonderfully amazing feature of s heath. The app is now useless, I don't care what my heart rate is or my sleep I bought this for the widgit you removed. Unreal, back to apple or maybe a new app for me 

weston
First Poster
Options
it is disappointing that the weight control widget has been removed from S Health during the new update, however the info is still there you just need to do the math yourself and keep on track, for instance you can still see how many calories you have consumed in a day with the food widget and you can also see how many calories have been burned through the day via the active time widget, you will just have to take away the calorie amount from the active time amount to get your deficit although this isnt the best solution it works, or you can do as I have and delete the new updated app and reinstall an older version which can be found on a google search. for now the older version is working for me but I anticipate that it may auto update itself again as it did before hand but we will see!
0 Likes
Members_Iky52Uq
First Poster
Options

Just adding another 'me too' vote hoping the developers will take some notice. The widget still works for now on Galaxy Active watch, but much easier to use on the phone. Bring it back.

Philharrison1963
First Poster
Options
I used this all the time to lose weight. they should bring the weight management section back immediately. I am also annoyed to lose months of tracking data. Samsung this is madness and will lose customers
0 Likes
ProfMullet
First Poster
Options

I Agree.  Very disappointing samsung.  This was one of the main reasons I went with SHealth/watch.

0 Likes
HayleyA
First Poster
Options

This is a nightmare. If samsung sees this please put this back on to the app it was so good and really kept me motivated. I feel lost without it😕

0 Likes
Labyrinth1965
First Poster
Options

I used it for years lost 75 lbs, bring it back!!!

sigmoh
First Poster
Options

Any reply from Samsung regarding the Weight Management module removal from Samsung Health? I doubt that this module has been shifted to the latest addition of wearable the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3, to market it. 

0 Likes
Valebarts
Apprentice
Options
yes I got the same reply... apparently they think the fertile tracking is more important.....😑
0 Likes
Valebarts
Apprentice
Options
*just to let you know guys, as temporary solution you can still track* how much you eat vs how much you work out, if you check the activity and make sure you open it sometimes as sometimes it doesn't update straight away you can still see and check your intake and your burning:) that is what im doing to keep managing my weight. if you need to lose weight just stay below your burning and basically do it yourself e.g. you burning 2000, eat 1800. you can also keep.track of how much you gonna burn considering that on average (at least for me that I am a female, 40, height 1.66cm and weigh 54kg) you burn 60 calories per hour..
0 Likes