Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what happened to the weight management option on Samsung health??

(Topic created on: 05-07-2021 02:48 AM)
Valebarts
Apprentice
Options
What happened to the weight management function???? I cannot see it in the app, although it still says under weight set a target, but then it doesn't show! How am I supposed to manage my weight if I cannot see how much I eat vs how much I consume?!!!!! How come the more they update the app the worse it gets?? Rather than solving issues like cycling doesn't track any consumption of calories they create new issues? I think whoevee is the IT developer of this app s/he should change job...😑
67 REPLIES 67
Corzar76
First Poster
Options

They will do what MFP did. MFP slowly removed things that people used, then came back with a subscription service that made people pay for what was already free.

This is why I left MFP and began using Samsung.

They will track what you use, remove it, then when the dust settles, had out a subscription service.

0 Likes
Ckalkbrenner21
Student
Options

I too would like to have the option to see my caloric intake change based on my output and the set daily deficit. I also don't like not having a running total of my weight loss and only having it calculate/show the weight loss from the day prior. Fitbit has these features and I've seriously considered going back after having the Galaxy 2 watch for 3 weeks! Your food log could use some serious work too. I loved being able to scan a bar code and it enter all the details from the nutritional panel. Again, Fitbit has this technology.

0 Likes
DBells
First Poster
Options
I've just reinstalled this app on my new phone and am gutted the weight management option has gone.What the hell....!!!!! grrrr
0 Likes
dwyane
First Poster
Options

A youTube video explained the weight management widget which inspired me to purchase the Galaxy Fit2. After purchasing the Fit2 I discovered the weight manage tool has been removed amongst other features. Hoping I can return and get refund. Most of my electronics are Samsung but thats about to change.

0 Likes
delianmc
Apprentice
Options

Same here, this was the only widget I was really using.  I blocked the Samsung update for now hoping the application will still work for a while.  Does anyone really use the sharing function or the training program.  If I want a training program I can look on youtube I don't need an app to provide it to me.  What I need is the feature the other apps doesn't provide.  This was the one.

It was my second Samsung smart watch and my first Samsung smart phone.  I'm now about to change my device since my job is providing the phone.  I have the choice between an iPhone or a Samsung.  Guess wich one I trust won't let me down.  The widget was never availlable on iPhone anyway so I guess my next smart watch won't be a Samsung neither since it no longer have that edge it had over the others.

0 Likes
AkosM
Apprentice
Options

I was thinking about reaching out directly to the VP of Samsung mobile, and ask him if they ever check the customer complaints in the official channels. If they don't bring it back, I'm also jumping ship on the next occasion.

LOUISELL
First Poster
Options

@AkosM Did you ever reach out to the VP? I mean there are pages and pages of complaints here and it is as if Samsung is just ignoring us. I complained on the app store and was just referred to contacting another Samsung call center. I'm super upset with the changes. They have destroyed the app. 

Mossadegh
First Poster
Options
Adding my complaint here too. I used it to lose like 8kg in the past. Now want to do the same with Covid lockdown excess weight and, oh no, it's gone!! Complete disbelief. Usally app updates are meant to improve usability, not degrade...
Kiran3
First Poster
Options

Adding my complaint, I don't think it matters to Samsung anymore looking at number of people complaining.

0 Likes
Sarg777
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Galaxy has in my opinion failed to inform customers of the removal of both the weight management and burnt calories widgets after a firmware update. 

They have also failed miserably in following their own website, on Your Rights under the Australian Consumer Laws. 

https://www.samsung.com/au/australian-consumer-law/

Basically under Australian Consumer laws with reference to Statutory Remedies, a major failure occurs when 

• Goods ARE NOT  reasonably fit for a purpose disclosed, either expressly or by implication, and relied upon by the consumer;

Weight management is a pre sale function of the watch, for the reason why many consumers purchased the watch in the first place.

Under the ACL, a major failure will occur where:
  • The goods would not have been acquired by a reasonable consumer if they were aware of the issue;
  • There is a significant departure from the supply description, or sample or demonstration model;
  • If one of the following occurs which cannot be remedied easily within a reasonable time:
  • The goods are substantially unfit for their purpose; or
  • The goods are unfit for a disclosed purpose made known prior to acquisition. 

Samsung has returned my two watches three times from their service department stating that the watches are operating within  Samsung's specifications. 

What that informs me is that I have taken good care of both watches. So no user fault is proven three times. However Samsung completely ignores Australian Consumer Law and is not providing a remedy of either fixing the problem or issuing a refund.

I urge people before purchasing watches from Samsung to understand what they are buying into as Samsung has repeatedly shown to change the pre-sale purpose of both watches as a stand alone Weight management tool and refuse a customer their rights under ACL. 

I hope that people who would consider purchasing anything from any company that if for example be it an electric car with a electronic fuel gauge that is later removed after a firmware update. Then the customer purchasing the car should be concerned. So buyer be aware please. 

0 Likes