Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what happened to the weight management option on Samsung health??

(Topic created on: 09-08-2020 02:48 PM)
Valebarts
Apprentice
Options
What happened to the weight management function???? I cannot see it in the app, although it still says under weight set a target, but then it doesn't show! How am I supposed to manage my weight if I cannot see how much I eat vs how much I consume?!!!!! How come the more they update the app the worse it gets?? Rather than solving issues like cycling doesn't track any consumption of calories they create new issues? I think whoevee is the IT developer of this app s/he should change job...😑
67 REPLIES 67
Hannah1705
Apprentice
Options
I am so gutted that it's been removed! I used it everyday to track my calories Vs exercise. why would they remove it? 😞
foxy0614
Student
Options
I agree its one of the main reason I used the app, they need to reverse the changes!
Gill28
Explorer
Options
apparently it was to make the app better according to the reply I got when I complained about it
Ri0
First Poster
Options
yes I agree well missed. needs reversed how can taking things away be an improvement.
zippyioa
Explorer
Options

I've been chatting with Samsung UK support via Twitter for a few weeks after it was announced to the German customer base in mid July.
Scarily, the UK support team seemed to know nothing about the removal of the weight management feature from Samsung Health. there was no heads up prior to its removal for UK customers, even the update changelog doesn't mention it?!

I have got nowhere with finding out why they removed such a fundamental feature. I used it daily to lose 2 stone which I put on after being bed bound for 3 months.

I've been using Samsung Galaxy phones since the S2 & upgrade every 1-2 years. I've had 2 Samsung Smartwatches, even a smart oven from them.

I was due to upgrade my Note 9 to the Note 20 Ultra, my Galaxy Watch 46mm to the Galaxy Watch 3 and my Galaxy Buds to the Buds live this month.......

Sadly, this unnecessary and inexcusable change has made the Samsung ecosystem useless to me, and many other users now.

So, I've got nowhere and decided to vote with my feet....... I just replaced my Galaxy Watch with a Garmin Fenix 6X Pro (which is absolutely fantastic!) and I've moved from Samsung Health to Garmin Connect for my fitness tracking (its perfectly syncing calories from food logged in MyFitnessPal).
The range and standard of data collation and analytics in the Garmin Connect app is fantastic, in hindsight Samsung's "fitness" offering is like a kids toy.... they did me a favour by forcing me to switch! 😃

My Galaxy Note 9 is due for an upgrade too, but I feel so strongly at Samsungs total disregard for its paying customers that I'm no longer considering the Note 20 Ultra..... I'm now closely looking at OnePlus, Xiaomi and Google phones as they seem more customer focused and attractive to me now.....  they are a fair bit cheaper too (another gripe I have with Samsung..... getting greedy..... The phones aren't that much better year on year, as many useful things are removed, but the price keeps rocketing up..... I paid £800 for my Note 9}

So after 10 years of loyal custom to Samsung and many thousands of pounds of my money...... Goodbye Samsung!

CarlosAutonomous
Explorer
Options

I can't believe they've removed the most useful feature from the app!

At this point I'm thinking of scrapping my fit-e band TBH as with the loss if this feature in SH it's value to me has just dropped considerably. I'll perhaps get a fitbit instead as it has more compatibility with a wider range of apps.

jMob_a
First Poster
Options

Yeah this was stupid on Samsungs part. It makes no sense as to why they would get rid of this feature. Especially when you're coming out with a new watch! I'm switching to Garmin. Samsung needs to get their priorities straight and start accommodating their customers rather than upsetting us. And what makes matter worse is there's no explanation as to why they did it!Welp, I'm spending my money elsewhere now. You might win some but you just lost one, Samsung. 

RikkeOlssen
Student
Options

I agree with all of you..... completely stupid to cancel a great function.... used it every day....

RikkeOlssen
Student
Options

In the S-Health app, theres af "contact us" - I have contacted Samsung there and complained... hope you all do - so it might come to there notice that we are not satisfied..