Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight management function gone!

(Topic created on: 10-08-2020 08:42 PM)
trixyg83
First Poster
Options

hi, I've seen a few people post about this but samsung twitter told me to voice my thoughts here rather than there.... I'm absolutely fuming that the "update" has removed this off samsung health. I've got months and months of data, its helped me lose weight, and I also tbh don't see an update as being taking functions away? Apparently the team do read these posts for feedback but I'd be keen if others could back this up if they are also annoyed! Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Gill28
Explorer
Options
I'm devastated its been taken away. I'm on a diet just now and have had to install another app due to the removal of the weight management. I found it so much easier having everything in one app as my Samsung watch doesn't pair with the other app so I have to go between the two. really not happy
ThisLadyHere
Student
Options
I'm currently looking for another app as without the weight management function Samsung Health is useless to me. Very disappointed.
Lilybeth79
First Poster
Options

Thank god it's not only me, I've basically had Samsungs Facebook account tell me that "we are not aware of any major changes apart from appearance to the Samsung Health app at this time" , so therefore accusing me of talking rubbish. And to come here and post.  It would be interesting to get a proper response to the problem 

TinaTeapot
Apprentice
Options
agree, this was the main feature of the app. i have lost a stone the last few months, carefully using the weight management feature to see where I'm at each day. two days without and makes it so much more hard work to work out what my target calorie deficit is to meet my goal, and how what I've burned against what I've consumed each day gets me there. how can an update make something worse? I've just been on Samsung live chat and they didn't even know it had been discontinued and tried to get me to do resets to get it back. only discovered it was a permanent removal after googling it. so disappointed 😞
HR_Hamza
Explorer
Options
I've lost quite alot of weight using weight management. It's a shame that theyremoved it without notifying us.

These guys have known for a while: https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-health-dropping-weight-food-caffeine-tracking/amp/
Davidoff42
First Poster
Options
Angry. That was one of the key features of the app that I used every day to check where I was on daily calories to manage my weight loss. I was about to buy a Samsung fit as it would connect to the health app. Not now I won't.
Wharncliffeowl
Pioneer
Options
Fully agree with this post. A really useful feature has been lost. Bring it back!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Agreed! this was a big plus bring it back!