Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Waze Vs. GMaps

(Topic created on: 28-10-2021 04:33 PM)
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
Why is one better than the other and vice versa? I use GMaps, just because it comes with the phone, but am willing to switch, if Waze provides a substantial benefit and user experience 😎.
3 REPLIES 3
ade0501
Navigator
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
I usually use Waze, when I don't have the sat nav with me. I prefer wake for the real time updates based on other wave users indicating traffic issues etc. Saying that though, Google maps has integrated a lot of the features from waze, so I would say they are both about the same in functionality and it comes down to what you prefer.
Mallone
Navigator
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
I've had Waze since it launched but only started using it last year (I prefer GMaps' UI) and can honestly say it works a lot better than GMaps in avoiding traffic. I don't know why Google doesn't just implement all of Waze's features into GMaps. I'd prefer one unified app.
Rustyeast
Journeyman
Options
Mobile Apps & Services

I like Waze because I use android CarPlay and in NZ gmaps doesn’t show the speed limits, and Waze does. I also prefer the font size as I can see the street names easily on Waze, whereas I struggle with them on gmaps.