Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

water detected

(Topic created on: 01-03-2021 09:32 AM)
Ang348b
First Poster
Options
No moisture has been near my phone but it wont let me charge my phone saying moisture detected Any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Common fault with Samsung phones. Happened with my note 9 couple years ago
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Could try gently cleaning out the charging port with a soft brush - have seen a couple of posts where this worked
Just make sure you're not too hard on it in case damage it
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Yeah Ang348tb this is a problem that can occur in Samsung phones from time to time and it is a pain when it happens. My Note 9 used to experience this every six months or so. A simple phone reboot would fix things for me most of the time but sometimes I had to gently heat the port with my Wife's hair dryer to get success but as long as you keep it somewhere warm and dry it will eventually right itself but may take 24 hours. Hope your port is sorted as soon as Ang348b. Good luck. 👍
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
whatever you do, do NOT put the device in a bag of rice as many like to suggest if you Google it.

it's easy for moisture to hit your charging port mentioned above its also a common issue however, it could be your wire too?

@Babishko has the right idea, low powered hair dryer gently on the port several times throughout the day for a max of 30 to 60 seconds at a time or simply leave it for 24 hrs near a nice warm and dry spot and you should be okay :smiling-face:
JohnW27
Pioneer
Options
Turn your phone off, plug the cable in, wait for it to start charging then turn it back on and the warning should have disappeared.
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
this can be a solution too, but if there IS moisture in her port , that can be harmful to the device.
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Coming inside from the cold to a warm home is enough to cause condensation on the metal parts in the port.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Ang348b: As per the advice offered above, try leaving your phone in a warm, dry location for the next 24 hours, as hopefully any moisture that is currently being detected will dry out by then. I'd also suggest restarting the phone to address any software issues that might be a contributing factor. If the issue persists, try opening the Samsung Members app > Get Help > Interactive Checks > USB, and run through the on screen instructions. If this returns any errors then please reach out to our Help Desk via the link below, and an advisor will be on hand to assist you further, and arrange any necessary repairs. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes