Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video randomly disappeared

(Topic created on: 10-09-2021 12:00 AM)
Roshhh
Apprentice
Options

I have lost an important video. I recorded such an important video and ended/stopped the video. 30 seconds later my battery ran out. When I switched on my phone the video disappeared even if I already ended the video before the phone shut down. I have not deleted it and it is not in my recently deleted, it is not in my google photos either. I am usually so loyal to Samsung but this has made me deeply upset that I lost that memory. I have heard some users have also faced this where photos/videos randomly disappear. Please if anyone knows if it is possible to recover this please help! Thank you!

I have a Samsung galaxy A52 5G which I bought around 3 months ago. 

UPDATE: I have now luckily found the corrupt file, does anyone know anygood software and apps to fix the file? Thank you! 

9 REPLIES 9
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Have you tried using the file manager to check all the folders in the phone?
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sounds like it was still being processed by RAM during the saving process and switching off meantthis wasn't completed. At best you will have a corrupt file.
0 Likes
Roshhh
Apprentice
Options
I did by connected my phone to my laptop but I don't know what folders to check in and what typr of file I would need to find
0 Likes
Roshhh
Apprentice
Options
Is there a way to prevent this from happening in the future? I hope I find even some of the file because it was such an important video
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I would definitely try do a back up of your media files... I'm not a fan of cloud based storage but this is one of the advantages of the cloud systems. Is there a possibility that you sent a copy of the video to any friends or family too in the past? So they can send it you back? Just trying to give any possibilities of a solution for you.
0 Likes
Roshhh
Apprentice
Options
It was a shame even google photos didnt save the video, maybe I should try to back up like you said. Thank you for the possibilities, sadly no- my battrey ran out 30 odd seconds after ended the video
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Monitoring your battery and making sure you have sufficient charge would help. Remember, video is very CPU hungry.
0 Likes
Roshhh
Apprentice
Options
Thank you, I have now found the corrupt file, do you know anygood softwares that can fix the file?
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
This is out of my area of knowledge, its definitely worth getting that file onto a PC or laptop and seeing if it can load up better... or if there are any file repair tools... (I know nothing about PC and laptops and could be making some techie guys laugh at my response)
0 Likes