Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to link Samsung Pay between phone and Watch 4, Samsung Health Monitor not Available.

(Topic created on: 28-12-2021 08:27 AM)
MattTabone
Apprentice
Options

After many attempts to resolve device issues with Samsung Support I am disappointed with the service Samsung has been giving me. The Samsung Ecosystem is not working as it should, or as it was advertised. I have a Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Buds Pro (happy with) and have just got the Galaxy Watch 4. Given the Note 10 I have was bought from the US, and the Watch 4 was bought from the EU, the ecosystem lacks integration. Consequently I cannot use Samsung Pay, or Samsung Health Monitor App. This defeats the purpose of having a Galaxy Watch as I cannot make any contactless payments or use blood pressure monitoring, or ECG monitoring. I have been told that the way this can be solved is if I am provided with a Note 10, or newer phone, of EU origin, since the issue is software based and no EU/International software can be installed on a US device.

I am not asking for any personal gain, but to get to use what I paid for in the way it was intended to be used and advertised. Customers are never made aware that devices bought from different continents cannot integrate, and this surely is not the case for other ecosystems.

Why cannot the softwares be fixed?

I am so fed up with this situation... might just switch to a different ecosystem altogether if this is not resolved by mid January.

7 REPLIES 7
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Open Samsung Pay on your Galaxy phone or smart watch

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00061414/
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

US devices are not designed for the UK. They have different hardware and software so there will always be issues. They may be called the same but aren't. Change to a different ecosystem and you'll get the same issues. US devices like most US products are designed for use in the US. 

0 Likes
MattTabone
Apprentice
Options

I know for a fact that these issues do not happen with Apple. You can fully use a US phone with a UK apple watch, unlike the case with Samsung. It is purely a software issue. Even if we put Samsung pay aside, health monitor still does not work. 

0 Likes
MattTabone
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the input, but not what I am looking for. 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It is not just a software issue. However, it applies to few since most people will purchase a device from their own country to have a warranty.
0 Likes
MattTabone
Apprentice
Options

It is mostly a software issue as developers outside of samsung managed to remove the country restrictions. I am sure Samsung can do the same, but for some reason they choose inconveniences. 

0 Likes
CintiaC
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I have a S21 and a GW4 and i am blocked to the step number 3 on the watch whereas it perfectly works on my phone... 

Screenshot_20220204-041512_Watch plug-in.jpg

0 Likes