Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit sleep time in Samsung Health

(Topic created on: 31-08-2021 09:11 AM)
ninaei
First Poster
Options

I bought my Watch4 Classic to get a better feel for my sleep efficiency. But I can't seem to ble able to edit the time I go to sleep and the time I wake up in Samsung Health. I often lay awake for a bit after the alarm goes off. The sleep tracker will say I am asleep, and there is no way to edit these times on my phone. I try to slide the clock, but I get an error message saying there is already sleep data recorded within these times, and I am unable to save this. 
I don't want to add more sleep, I just want to edit the one already recorded.

Please fix this, Samsung, as it makes it unusable as a sleep tracker.

59 REPLIES 59
FFSseriously
Student
Options
That's exactly what I've been trying to delete. It makes absolutely no sense to include an hour of "awake" time in a sleep record. I got up and got ready for work and left the house in this "awake" time at the end of my "sleep record"!! What's the point in that???
engine
First Poster
Options
This is even more frustrating on my watch, as there is a 3-dot menu option to edit the sleep record, but nothing will edit...
0 Likes
Jjjjip
First Poster
Options

Yet another person with this issue on the watch 5 pro... I only got this watch to replace the Fitbit for sleep tracking! 

Having an edit button in the app but having it take you to a page where there's nothing to edit it's stupid!

$800 for a watch that doesn't work as advertised is infuriating. 

It also forces you to re-enter your pin every 30 minutes even if you haven't taken it off...

I'm angry!

titi99
First Poster
Options
+1 same use case for me coming from Fitbit. I was just thinking about wearing my fitbit at night instead of the Samsung! Or maybe both? Silly isnt it....?
0 Likes
MarkDemeyer
First Poster
Options

+1 here ... Samsung, no beïng able to correct the times makes the function inaccurate so useless. Does anyone @Samsung follow up on this? 

0 Likes
dgilperez
First Poster
Options

Hey guys, I just bought a Samsung Galaxy 4 and this is happening to me as well. It's considering sleep time when I am laying in the bed, reading a book. And then, impossible to edit.

This renders the whole feature useless for me.

I am a bit horrified this is an unresponded unresolved issue for more than a year. 

Can someone from the team please update?

0 Likes
hitchnz40
First Poster
Options

My Fitbit Zip finally imploded, and as technological has obviously moved on, I decided to upgrade to a watch that tracked my sleep, steps, and just about every other bodily function. Except it doesn't - well, it doesn't track sleep as it should. Like the other users, I woke this morning around 5 and was on my phone, catching up on news, then popped it on the vanity while I showered, got dressed etc. And Samsung considers that during the 1.5 hours I read the News, showered, etc, I was "sleeping". And when I tried to edit, it doesn't allow this function. I am no pro at using any of this technology, but can usually manage something like this! Very disappointed, as I went with Samsung ahead of Fitbit, and am now wondering whether I should have stuck with tried and true that I had experience with for around 10 years.

0 Likes
RachMc
First Poster
Options
Here to add another comment on this issue. Moved from Fitbit to Samsung for reliability however this is one thing that Fitbit have got right. All I want to do is chop down my sleep record to remove the time I don't move but I'm awake like everyone else!
howie8
First Poster
Options

Wow, I can't believe there's no feature to edit / correct your sleep data and it's been almost 1.5 years since the OP...

People do NOT want INCORRECT sleep data.  

There is ZERO point in this feature when you can't trust or at least correct the data.

Samsung - You can't be that stupid can you?

guthrien
Apprentice
Options

Stupidity would be easier to forgive.  They're a technology company, it's disinterest, or time vs cost, which is more frustrating.