Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit sleep time in Samsung Health

(Topic created on: 23-06-2022 11:10 AM)
ninaei
First Poster
Options

I bought my Watch4 Classic to get a better feel for my sleep efficiency. But I can't seem to ble able to edit the time I go to sleep and the time I wake up in Samsung Health. I often lay awake for a bit after the alarm goes off. The sleep tracker will say I am asleep, and there is no way to edit these times on my phone. I try to slide the clock, but I get an error message saying there is already sleep data recorded within these times, and I am unable to save this. 
I don't want to add more sleep, I just want to edit the one already recorded.

Please fix this, Samsung, as it makes it unusable as a sleep tracker.

59 REPLIES 59
MarkDxyzzy
Apprentice
Options

This really needs to be fixed! I wake up and spend the first 15-30 minutes catching up on news etc, and that time is counted as 'awake' in my sleep record. If it knows I'm awake, why does it get included in my sleep record? Makes no sense AT ALL!

If you can't fix this, please let us edit the start and end times so we can manually cut off the 'awake' section at the end.

Very poor Samsung, very poor.

RWFarley
First Poster
Options

This morning it says I had crummy sleep, because I slept great from 11PM to 7AM, but was awake for 2 Hrs, then slept for 20 minutes.   I wish I could trrim this from 7AM and recalc my sleep score!

brnzmn
First Poster
Options

Samsung, are you ********? There are 50 people writing here. Can none of your small brain customer service work? At least a reply? Do you want to ***** everyone off and make them move to apple? I'm very close because this watch is useless and without the watch my S22 and S8+ is also of much lower use.

MacHeather
Student
Options

It happened to me last night, I laid in bed checking my emails for  1hr 17mins....it has recorded that as sleeping so now my sleep record for last night is incorrect......I have tried a few different ways to delete the first record but cannot hence why I googled my issue and came across this thread......please Samsung make a fix for this, I need my sleep record to be 100% correct as currently I am being referred to the sleep clinic for sleep apnea as my blood oxygen went down to 77% the usual is 82% nightly.....I need these sleep records to be 100% correct.....

I have a Watch 4 and a z-phone....

0 Likes
Joscelyn32
First Poster
Options

Yes, very frustrating. This is my one complaint for the app and it's A BIG one for me. Samsung, please allow the editing function again as watching a movie on the couch is not sleep time. 

JRM3D
First Poster
Options

If Samsung can't address this issue, and with so many people commenting on the lack of product support, it's certainly made up my mind to NEVER buy a Samsung product again.  If they refuse to listen, we vote with our wallets. 

ChrisTann
First Poster
Options
Searching online on how to edit a sleep record and found this thread. I thought I'd also add my frustrations to the list if Samsung ever get around to looking at this. I woke up early this morning and thought I'd relax in bed for a bit. I played on my phone for an hour or so when I thought I'd check my sleep record. Apparently I was still asleep. I've got the Galaxy Watch 5pro and am currently doing the sleep coaching programme to see if I can improve my sleep, but how useful is that programme going to be if it thinks I've slept for an extra hour!?
guthrien
Apprentice
Options

Just adding the same complaint. The watch is essentially useless for sleep tracking. Beware if that's important to you. No one from the moderation seems to care. 

Vikhyat Shetty
First Poster
Options

I don't know if it's the new update. We can edit our sleep record. I know it's a hassle, but delete the wrong sleep record.

0 Likes
MadChem2004
Student
Options

Glad to know I'm not the only user facing the same problem, sad to see that no serious reply from Samsung is to be found... I have a Galaxy Samsung fit e, it is impossible to edit sleep time in the app after the last updates. I keep receiving  the message that sleep time can only be reduced (which is obviously what I'm trying to do...). And no, deleting the file and write the real sleep time manually IS NOT a solution.