Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRADE IN ISSUES WORRIED BEING SCAMMED

(Topic created on: 16-07-2022 08:06 AM)
Members_F9m8vT3
First Poster
Options

I have two days ago bought a new Galaxy S22 from samsung and traded in my Flip 5g as part of this.  The flip was immaculate I have images the phone was working brilliantly I just wanted something better for photos.

Today I received a message from the trade in company showing a blurry orange phone (my phone was green) indicating I owe them 150 pounds and need to pay now as phone is damaged and has a bleed.  Ermm well I have evidence it was not like that when it left.  As the pictures are unclear I have asked for evidence this is my phone IMEI number etc and now admin keeps replaying that the burn is soooo bad they cannot see the IMEI number on the screen ??? although it started off being a bleed which she told me was in the top corner of the phone ?? 

This is very iffy and I do feel like I am being conned as they cannot supply me evidence this is my mobile but can demand 150 pounds from me ?? 

Any advise welcome I am very upset and will never use samsung or trade in again if this is not resolved. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Could have been damaged in transit, parcels do get thrown around. Was your phone orange or green? I'm sure if they showed me a different colour phone I'd be highlighting this.
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
You are being scammed, contact your local trading standards office. No way they should confuse an orange phone for your green one.
0 Likes
Members_F9m8vT3
First Poster
Options

They have said in the email that it was packaged perfectly and they believe it has been damaged prior to me sending ? how they know this I don't know.  I have managed to get a last used from my mobile provider of that IMEI which was an hour before the postage proof but they will not offer anymore pictures or provide any further photos etc to prove that is my phone they have now just disengaged.  if I has got damaged in transit and they could show it was my phone I would be happy to sort this but they will now not engage with me at all so what will samsung do I don't know whether they will believe them or me

0 Likes
Members_F9m8vT3
First Poster
Options

They have said that it is may phone but will not confirm colour but they have apparently put the orange on the phone to highlight the issues...ermmm 

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
What the hell? That's not legal, they should only show your phone not some other crud
0 Likes