Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track both heart rate and cadence while cycling with S Health

(Topic created on: 12-02-2021 10:08 PM)
moosetication
Apprentice
Options

Hello.

I have an S20+ running Samsung Health, and a Galaxy Watch Active 2 and cadence sensor paired and working. I always ensure the cadence sensor has "woken up" and is detected in Samsung Health before a ride. All apps and firmware are fully up to date.

However, I don't seem to be able to record both heart rate and cadence while cycling. If I start a basic workout from the watch, I get heart rate but no cadence. If I start a workout from the phone, I get cadence but no heart rate. It doesn't seem to matter what type of workout I start. I would prefer to use the route-based workout then I can track my progress, but that's a nice to have. All I want is heart rate AND cadence, whatever style of cycle ride tracking I choose.

What am I doing wrong?

Stewart
14 REPLIES 14
zharptitza
First Poster
Options

I haven't figured it out yet either.  Unfortunately, Samsung Watches won't connect directly to the cadence sensor I have either (Its a Wahoo) and so I can't do it that route either.  Very frustrating to not have it all.

Teter
First Poster
Options
I used to be able to track cadence speed and heart rate together on my phone. Bontrager Duo Trap S, Samsung Note 10 and Galaxy Fit band.
Unfortunately when I purchased Galaxy Watch 3 heart rate is no longer working. Galaxy Fit was able to switch to heart rate monitor only but the Galaxy watch can't. what's going on Samsung?
Rapid_Randolph
First Poster
Options

Still no reply here. Obviously not a priority for Samsung.  It's crazy the kind of workarounds we have to do to get Galaxy Watches to work like the versatile fitness tools they're touted to be.

I have exactly the same problem. Either you pair the speed, cadence and a SEPARATE heart rate monitor to Samsung Health on your phone (or just about any other fitness app that can do these things) or you have to install the sporty watch watch face (which is actually a full blown app that connects to your sensors, tracks your workouts and syncs to a handful of services EXCLUDING Samsung Health).

Come on Samsung.  You can do better than this!

salihnur
Apprentice
Options

I bought Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 especially for this purpose. But when I realized that this expensive watch can't do this while cheap Galaxy fit can do it, I was really frustrated. Is it too hard to do this? I don't understand at all. Or should I carry both Galaxy fit and watch active2  at the same time on my each arms? :smiling-face: For a solution I bought Cateye HR-12 Bluetooth Smart sensor and I'll use it with my phone with my speed and cadence sensors using Samsung Health. My smart(?) watch is useless for this. What a smart(?) watch!

Please do something for this, Samsung! You can't do this to us!

rjf_jedi
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem 

0 Likes
Oldies
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue.

The layout of Samsung health offers cadence, but how do I connect the bluetooth cadence/ speed detector?

Please recommend 

0 Likes
DominikPrucha
Explorer
Options

I have same problem. 🤔

samusamu81
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem. I might have found a cheap solution (still untested)

I installed "Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor" by 
Csaba Huszar: for 2 euros or so, i found it to be acceptable.

It would have been better if Samsung allowed this natively. This app has some bugs and the setup process required some trial and error.

After some fiddling, i was able to get my the HR from my Galaxy watch 3 into Samsung health on the note 9.

I haven't tried yet if my cheap cadence and this hr monitor work together, but it seems to me they should...

If anybody else tries this solution, let me know how it went! I am curious.

Cheers

0 Likes
kalto
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. 

What is "Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor by Csaba Huszar"? I couldn't find this anywhere.

0 Likes