Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TikTok - Is it really an essential app, or more bloatware?

(Topic created on: 21-01-2021 02:42 PM)
jwalla
Explorer
Options
Why is Samsung calling TikTok an essential app, and even more so forcing me to install it after a reset?I have no option to get past it, so I'm currently stuck on that screen. I'm guessing this is an update, since I never had this issue before. 
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
callum_emery
Pioneer
Options
If you wish to remove Tik Tok amongst over bloatware that's shoved down your throat (e.g. Facebook) you can use a developer tool called ADB.

It's a safe and free download and there are plenty of videos on YouTube explaining how to use it.

I used it to uninstall Bixby - it was much slower and less consistent than Google - and Facebook with no issues whatsoever. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
alisondurr
First Poster
Options
cool
0 Likes
jwalla
Explorer
Options
Social media isn't essential? Aren't we just making everyone dependent on social media at this point? It's really not required to make society work.
0 Likes
jwalla
Explorer
Options
Thanks, I've used ADB before but I completely forgot that I could use it. I usually use it on my old tech that I don't use anymore. Thanks for reminding me. It's just disappointing that you can't just have base Android with some Samsung apps and be done with it, without throwing in bs like Facebook or TikTok.