Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thousands of devices stopped working.

(Topic created on: 14-06-2022 02:10 PM)
Bill_Green
Student
Options

I am the MD of a UK company that provides equipment to the taxi trade (similar to Uber). We have thousands of mobile devices out in the field but just recently most of the older J1 and J3 devices in service have suddenly seen their GPS fail. To our knowledge, no updates been received that may have caused this and a factory reset has no effect. Running diagnostic apps shows multiple satellites in view but all with missing data in the NMEA strings.

Any help you may be able to offer on this problem would be appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12
JoaquimAndrade
First Poster
Options

We are having the same problem with the device  Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite Wi-Fi T113, since 09/06/2022

tessataxi
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Same issue here in south of FRANCE , all our devices J320 & J320FN have GPS broken,seems ephemeris issue since 09/06

Alisdair
First Poster
Options

We also have the same issues with our taxi company in Scotland and I believe numerous companies here are also having the same issue including Scottish gas

Grupo Criar
Apprentice
Options

Here in Brazil we are facing the same problem. We have a few hundred TAB-E (SM-T113NU) and they are all with GPS inactive. Any solution?

0 Likes
Bill_Green
Student
Options

Our best guess is that it’s a firmware issue inside the core and as Samsung no longer issue updates there is no way to fix the problem other than to buy a more up to date device and hope they don’t do the same a few years later. Some of our customers have bought replacements, (brand new but old stock) only to find they also don’t work.

kh1234567890
Apprentice
Options

Samsung UK support claim to be aware of the problem and claim that a fix will be released. No timescale. I'll believe it when I see it 🙄

Help-Contact-Samsung-United-Kingdom.png

Grupo Criar
Apprentice
Options

We´ve noticed that when we perform a factory reset and on reboot if we don't enable the WiFi, for some reason, the GPS works until the moment we turn on the WiFi. From this moment the GPS stops working and doesn´t come back. We isolate the address that the GPS stops after accessing. (client4.google.com). Any other information?

0 Likes
CRIAR - NEW PRODUCTS
First Poster
Options

Who can help us to check the Android system when fetching some configuration parameter, at the address above, if this parameter can't be wrong?

0 Likes
kh1234567890
Apprentice
Options

Maybe just a red herring, but one of the functions of client4.google.com is to provide secure time synchronisation (tlsdate). Is it a certificate problem on Google's side ?

0 Likes