Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Suggestions & Ideas Thread (for software-based features/apps for mobile, tablets, & wearables)

(Topic created on: 26-09-2017 04:37 PM)
AntS
Options

Hi all! :smileyhappy:

If you have any suggestions for features or apps, then please share them with us here.

285 REPLIES 285
Koibag
Apprentice
Options

Love the pressure sensitive home button on my s8. I wonder if it can be extended to the back and multitasking buttons so that they can be hidden all the time?

0 Likes
TH3ORY
Student
Options

Hi I'm after a feature in bixby, I want bixby to read out tech headlines or I would say hi bixby, read news headlines for uk. Then Bixby reads them out for me that would be cool ? Thanks

0 Likes
shellcool
First Poster
Options

I was just wondering for the quick access at the top (slide down thing) I think we need the option to turn on and off quick charge, as I used quick charge 24/7 with my S6, I've heard that quick charge can slightly reduce battery life time, I feel it's not needed at night time or some charging i do during the day, so I have been going through the settings menu and turning off quick charge most of the time, only using quick charge if I need that quick juice.

Cheers

0 Likes
InfinityX2K4
Student
Options
Landscape Rotation for Always on Display (AOD)

Note 8 (but similar to S8 and S8+)
Using a wireless charger at work I typically have the phone resting in landscape just due to a full desk and computer monitor height. Wireless charger on my nightstand at home too that I typically just feel more comfortable leaving phone in landscape. Its a bummer the AOD stays in portrait because the clock and notifications don't rotate.

Even if I had to pick landscape or portrait as an option (and not have it be automatic) I would be perfectly happy!

Please consider! Thank you!
MarkStone
First Poster
Options

In the alarm clock I would love to be able to sort by date then time so that any alarms I set for a certain day are grouped together rather than having them in time order.

At present you get them like this

04.39am Monday 2 Oct

05.30am Tuesday 3 Oct

05.31am Monday 2 Oct

06.00am Tuesday 3 Oct

It would be great to have the days grouped together in time order.

adamlee
Big Cheese
Options

how about the volte icon for my s8 on the three network. no idea when I'm in a volte area without the notification

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Aphros wrote:

Hi there,

In Do Not Disturb, it would be good if you could add a defined group, such as Family, as Exceptions.

Hi @Aphros.

Do you have a specific phone in mind for this, or is this more a general suggestion?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Koibag wrote:

Love the pressure sensitive home button on my s8. I wonder if it can be extended to the back and multitasking buttons so that they can be hidden all the time?

Hi @Koibag.

Can you give a bit more detail? Are you wanting the Back and Multitasking buttons hidden when using apps and able to be reactivated using the same kind of press as the Home one, for example?

0 Likes
Koibag
Apprentice
Options

@AntS wrote:

@Koibag wrote:

Hi @Koibag.

Can you give a bit more detail? Are you wanting the Back and Multitasking buttons hidden when using apps and able to be reactivated using the same kind of press as the Home one, for example?

Yes sure. I would like the area to the left and right of the home button to also be pressure sensitive so when the nav bar buttons are hidden and I hard press the bottom right, the back button is pressed and multitasking when hard pressing bottom left of the screen. 

Dadniel
First Poster
Options
I've owned a Note 2, Note 4, S7 and now S8. If Samsung will follow Apple to drop the headphone jack like google did with pixel 2 than S8 will be my last Samsung phone.
0 Likes