Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

The new update on the Samsung Notes app's lasso tool

(Topic created on: 09-11-2022 07:26 PM)
Avie1
Student
Options

I'm a student who fully utilizes the Samsung notes app for studying and often enough I have to insert pictures form my study material and I write over them when I'm studying. During Histlogy when I have to write over microscope pictures , I discovered that I can no longer use the lasso tool to move the text which is written over a picture, as now for some bizzare reason, the lasso tool selects both text AND the inserts/photos/pasted screenshots even without having to fully cover them. The proffesor speaks really fast and if i have to spend extra time erasing and rewriting whole words just because of a bad placement (let's say I have written a note for one structure, but then I realize the next structure the professor points out overlaps my notes, so naturally I would just use a select lasso tool and move the previous word out of the way for the new word, but I can't anymore), in the end I miss the other structures the proffesor is pointing out.

Now I am not able to select and move a word which even slightly overlaps screenshots/shapes or any kind of pcture files I paste/load in. 

It worked well before. Now the select tool is unusable and the user experience of the Samsung notes app has fallen bown to Rock Bottom. I'm devastated. Time and efficiency is everything to a med student, yet now studying will take longer because of a lasso tool update.

The only reason I bought a tablet is for university and digital note taking (meaning efficiency and saving time and paper) and no other app in the play store is as well optimized to the Samsung s7+ tablet as samsung notes app, so there's not really any other good option. 

At least the samsung notes app developers could add back in an option to select the old lasso and square selection tools.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Avie1
Student
Options

It seems as if Samsung has added the option to choose the previous version of the lasso tool, so Thank You Samsung Apps!! 

Anyways, before it was added, I found that there was a "lock" feature on inserted images which didn't allow the lasso tool to select the whole image, so at some point there was a work-around.

Thank You again Samsung!

- A satisfied student.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
ZEM502
Apprentice
Options

Tab S8 user here and I'm facing the same issue too! This is so annoying Samsung please change it back 😞

Bleys121
Student
Options

Same issue here

Shayan Khan
Journeyman
Options

Facing the exact same issue after the recent update!!!

AnjoKeji
Apprentice
Options
Same issue here. I'm also a med student and this change has made note taking so annoying. Anyway to undo it?
Solution
Avie1
Student
Options

It seems as if Samsung has added the option to choose the previous version of the lasso tool, so Thank You Samsung Apps!! 

Anyways, before it was added, I found that there was a "lock" feature on inserted images which didn't allow the lasso tool to select the whole image, so at some point there was a work-around.

Thank You again Samsung!

- A satisfied student.