Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEXT MESSAGES

(Topic created on: 02-01-2023 04:49 PM)
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I was text messaging a friend last week and strangely i could see when she was typing but today i coulfnt see when she was typing, can anyone help me please
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
AsadM
Options

Hi @Bev54, was your friend messaging you via an SMS or a chat service? Is this happening with all of your messages? 

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
Hi AsadM
I am not sure if my friend was using a chat service, we have been sending text messages for a year and it was only the other day that I noticed that I could see him typing his text messages, it's sounds like he could have been using the chat service, I don't want to ask him because he has Aspergers syndrome and isn't very good with mobile phones and computers. Thank you for your help
0 Likes
Solution
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
It is likely you have chat features turned on ( rich communication services. You have this feature with Google messages and Samsung messages. To see if yours is turned on in Samsung messages you can go to settings - connections - more connection settings. Or in messages press the 3 dots and go to chat settings, see if its toggle on. If you text people with this feature on you will get read and recieved messages. Or be able to see them typing. You won't see this if they use an iPhone or do not use chat features. Plus it will only work if connected to WiFi or mobile data. Hope this explains more.Screenshot_20230102_160609_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230102_160739_Messages.jpg
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
Fiona26
Hi fiona thank you for your help 😊