Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync data from Strava to Health

(Topic created on: 15-07-2020 06:24 PM)
piladong
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Even though I entered my Strava login details in Samsung health app: Settings, Connected services, Strava.

No old nor new activity is added in Samsung Health.

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks

46 REPLIES 46
soutieslak
Apprentice
Options

Mine also started to sync again as of last week. They defnitly playing around with the API.

As one of the previous members posted, strava updated their API to only allow data to be pushed, not pulled (which explains why data was not being synced down from strava to s health). It is possible that they have made a change to this now. Maybe strava went back to allow data to be pulled via their API.

Just hope this intermittent buisness stops. We need consistency. i.e. if it is a workling feature, leave it, or at least email all your members and say "we are making a change that will affect xyz.

0 Likes
cyclical01
Apprentice
Options

Well, lo and behold! Not only does Strava sync with SH as of last week, but it also syncs with Garmin Live Track again.  All after their 7/13 "bug fix" update to the Strava app on Android. Coincidence? You be the judge - LOL! 

Lucienf
Explorer
Options
mine works too lots of backdated data into s h
0 Likes
GeertLeekens
Pioneer
Options

It's syncing from Strava to Samsung Health but not vice versa. Which shows that the connection is correctly established so it must be a software error.

0 Likes
Donhy
First Poster
Options

I finally managed to get it to work, I was using Gmail to connect to Strava, I created a standalone account, logged out of Strava, logged back in and all my activies from Samsung Health is showing up under Strava now.

0 Likes
Stevegmc
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I have always used a strava account to login. 

As you may have seen from the topic trail. The data stopped flowing from strava to sh  late May.  As of around a week ago it started updating again.

I do notice now sometimes I have to disconnect  from S H and reconnect to obtain uodates

Fingers cross strava keeps the interface between them and S H stable

Thanks for posting

0 Likes
dhgerstman
First Poster
Options

I've had a Samsung Watch for three months. 

Over the past two weeks it's gotten a big balky. The display hasn't always come up or been current. 

But also when I've started live tracking runs, sometimes it goes into auto-detect mode, which is extremely inaccurate. Today, I recorded the complete run on the watch but instead of syncing the tracking data to my phone, it synced the auto-detect data.

I called Samsung Health help and I was told that since the GPS antenna is not working on my phone the syncing is going to be off. I'm skeptical. I assume that what's synced is the GPX file, so it shouldn't matter that the phone GPS isn't working. Should it? Also I didn't have that problem over the past two months. (I was told that a recent update to Samsung Health means that the data won't sync correctly unless GPS is enabled on both devices. I'm not convinced. Or shouldn't I be skeptical?)

0 Likes