Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly no more WhatsApp notifications

(Topic created on: 22-07-2021 03:43 PM)
Melsi92
Apprentice
Options
Hello!
I have a S21+ on Android 11 and since yesterday I am not getting any WhatsApp notifications anymore. I haven't changed any settings but out of a sudden I don't get the message popup (at the top) anymore neither does my phone vibrate when a message comes in. I only get the app symbol at the top that there's a new message but it's so easy to miss, especially when I'm using an app in fullscreen mode. All other apps are working fine and give vibrations and pop up messages. But WhatsApp doesn't. I've tried restarting my phone, checked my WhatsApp and App settings - nothing has changed. I did a software update on my phone two days ago or yesterday morning, could that have caused it? And how can I get the WhatsApp notifications back? It's driving me mad!
Thanks! 😊
19 REPLIES 19
AndrewL
Options

@Melsi92: Is this relevant to all notifications, or just certain ones? Have you tried heading to Settings > Apps > Whatsapp > Notifications > Click on a sub-heading > Show as pop-up > On? If you do this for all notification options, does this resolve the issue? 

0 Likes
Melsi92
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for replying @andrewL. My android version doesn't support pop ups anymore, what I meant was the 'preview' at the top of the screen (see picture, obviously this preview isn't from WhatsApp, but that's what I meant with pop up). But yes, it's relevant to all notifications. Although I have turned off previews and vibration for group messages so I only have vibrations and previews for individual messages but these aren't working now even though previews and vibrating notifications are activated. It just suddenly stopped doing it for WhatsApp only. Screenshot_20210722-155902_Gallery_37605.jpg
Kingfisher344
Navigator
Options
Why not enjoy the peace and quiet
0 Likes
Melsi92
Apprentice
Options
Update: I found out that I was on the beta version of WhatsApp so I deleted it and installed the normal one which did the trick. But since last week my WhatsApp has suddenly again stopped the notifications, I only get the WhatsApp symbol in the top left corner of the phone next to the clock, but no vibrations and no preview of the message. All notifications are enabled and on vibration. Any ideas?
JAB6969696969
First Poster
Options
Mine is the same. Driving me insane. Hoping others might have a solutionm
Melsi92
Apprentice
Options
@JAB69696969: I think I found out what it was. My phone was on energy saving mode and it seems like it affected WhatsApp notifications (and only WhatsApp!). So you might want to check whether you've have energy saving mode on?
0 Likes
Fdogacitua
First Poster
Options

Hi @Melsi92

I had the same issue with the S21+, and after trying a lot of times in different ways, finally it worked with the following configuration:

Whatsapp: Notifications > High Priority notifications + Vibration = Default

Phone Notifications > Whatsapp > Message notifications > Show Notifications + Pop Up Window + Vibrate + App icon alert + Block Screen = Show content

hope it works! it was driving me insane too!

greetings form Chile!

Maaiz
Apprentice
Options

I am also having the same issue. When a new whatsapp message come no sound and no vibration. I have tried everything but nothing working. Do anyone haw suggestions? I am using samsung note 10+

0 Likes
Bhupesh Yadav
Apprentice
Options

I'm facing the same issue. No popup, No vibration. It just shows there in the status bar. I've tried everything and nothing worked. I don't have my Power Saver Mode turned on. I don't have Do Not Disturb enabled. I've got Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G. Any solution?