Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on 2.1

(Topic created on: 28-02-2021 09:06 PM)
Jezzmiah
Journeyman
Options
Hi everyone,

My phone seems to be stuck on 2.1 and when I got to see if there are any software updates, it says I have the latest one. Which is the security patch June 2020. Any ideas how I can get it up to date?

10 REPLIES 10
Z7866
Pioneer
Options
what phone?
Jezzmiah
Journeyman
Options
s10 5g
Z7866
Pioneer
Options
ask question to samsung
Harveyx1
Helping Hand
Options
try installing smart switch on a computer and then plug your phone into the computer, you get updates that way if your device gets stuck on a software version
Jezzmiah
Journeyman
Options
@Harveyx1 I'll give that a try thank you!
Harveyx1
Helping Hand
Options
any luck?
0 Likes
Jezzmiah
Journeyman
Options
@Harveyx1 I still was not able to update it. still said it was the latest update. I think I will get my money back from the owner and buy a different phone instead. Thanks for the advice!
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
If nothing so far has worked, you can clear the cache partition to see if corrupted data is keeping the phone from performing an update.

1. Turn off your phone by pressing the Power button on the side and tapping "Power off," then tapping "power off" a second time. 

2. Press and hold the Volume Up and the Bixby keys, then press and hold the Power button. Hold all three buttons until you see the Android logo.

3. After the menu appears, use the Volume Down button to choose "Wipe cache partition" and then press the Power button to select it.

4. Use the Volume Down button to choose "Yes" and then select it with the Power button.

5. When the cache wipe is completed, press the Power button to select "Reboot system now."

After the phone restarts, try installing the update again. If it still does not work, you may want to contact Samsung technical support for additional help.

hopefully that gets you started.
lastly. try once more but ensure WiFi is on, reboot your device and when it starts up and reconnects to WiFi Try one last time before the above.
Jezzmiah
Journeyman
Options
I'll give these a try tomorrow to have a look to see if this works. Thanks again!