Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage is full

(Topic created on: 08-07-2023 05:44 PM)
Cookie1981
Journeyman
Options
I followed instructions from microsoft to unlink one drive with both my microsoft account and samsung device.
Hasnt worked.
My storage is still full and i cant send or reply to any emails at all now and i have a solicitor i keep in touch with.
Ive tried deleting but thiers no select all to delete and the few i have deleted have bounced straight back.
Im at a loss.Its causing me emotional stress.
Can someone help as im not technical and i dont own a computer 
8 REPLIES 8
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @Cookie1981. I want to help ensure that you can send and receive your emails as expected. Please can you confirm whether you're using Outlook as your email provider and, if so, are you getting a message to say that you've run out of storage space?

Cookie1981
Journeyman
Options

Sent you 4 images and also microsoft response.Yes outlook Screenshot_20230708-141210_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230708-155231_Samsung account.jpg

0 Likes
Cookie1981
Journeyman
Options
Ive tried everything its extremely overwhelming and the live chat service guy made it 10x worse repeating the same thing over and over again.I dont own a computer or know anyone that can help me in person.Its too much information for me to process 😭
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Cookie1981. I see exactly what you mean, and this issue would have arisen as Microsoft recently integrated Outlook email attachments into OneDrive's storage space. This is separate from the storage space allocated to the email account, but reduced storage space could affect your sending or receiving of emails.

Effectively, you would need to delete some files and emails via the "Manage storage" facility on your Outlook account. Alternatively, you would be required to sign up for a OneDrive storage plan that exceeds 5GB. 

If you're unable to or would prefer not to buy more storage, you would just need to go into your OneDrive account and manage the storage (as above).

If you're unsure how to do this, our recommendation is to reach out to Microsoft for further instructions.

PaulM1
Options

Just to let you know, @Cookie1981, I edited your post to remove one of the screenshots you enclosed (these were very instructive by the way, so thanks), as it showed your email address.

To err on the side of caution, it's best to conceal any of your personal/sensitive data from the public platform.

I look forward to hearing how you get on with managing your storage. As soon as your storage drops below 5GB (if managing/deleting data is your preferred course of action), you'll be able to send and receive emails again...and with immediate effect. 

Cookie1981
Journeyman
Options
Ive tried deleting them but thiers no select all option.Even after i delete some they go straight back on again.The thing is i delete my junk,other and inbox regularly but its other files that arnt on the outlook main page.
0 Likes
Cookie1981
Journeyman
Options
Im thinking of setting up a new email address anyway because i changed my name by deedpoll in january and my email is under my old name
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Ah, I see. As of this writing, the storage quota is made up of OneDrive and Outlook (Attachments) data, so backing up the data that you wish to retain to your phone, PC, or an external storage device and then permanently deleting the data from the first two sources will ensure that you bring the quota to a much lower level.

I'm not sure why it's not deleting for you, so you might wish to try this from an alternative device (if you have one available), or even via a different mobile browser to see if that makes a difference.

Please let me know when you get it resolved.

0 Likes