Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop OneDrive from prompting

(Topic created on: 22-12-2020 09:48 PM)
michael_c
Apprentice
Options

Anyone know how to stop OneDrive from constantly asking me if I want to move to it? If I take photo's or screenshots I get this annoying pop-up! I've already asked Microsoft who say I need to speak to Samsung.

I've been down the route of disabling the app, stop notifications etc etc. I've even factory reset the phone and it still wont stop. You cant uninstall the app as it is now "built into" the phone.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I disabled mine, no nags, not a peep out of it.
Pgpmas
Navigator
Options
youa can turn off notifications in menu options, but be aware that Samsung will not be providing cloud storage, instead offering and using onedrive
michael_c
Apprentice
Options

And that makes it more annoying, mine is disabled, yet still it prompts. Notifications are off and still it pops up ... 

GO AWAY!!!!!GO AWAY!!!!!

0 Likes
michael_c
Apprentice
Options

So the same thing is happening to you Bamy?

0 Likes
Louiefly
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem!

Onedrive has been disabled on my phone

All updates uninstalled back to factory 

Notifications turned off and it still pops up everytime a photo is opened. It is really starting to annoy me.

Fix this problem Samsung.

Ruqq
First Poster
Options
Samsung cloud is shutting down and being replaced by onedrive so eventually you have to move unfortunately.
0 Likes
benmess
First Poster
Options

Why do you have to move? What if you NEVER used Samsung cloud and don;t have use for a cloud account. I backup my phone regulalrly, so my photos are stored on my PC which is also backed up. I have no use for a cloud account. I do not need to access my photos or information when out and about. I'm not that precious.

As users we should have options to what we want t use and what we don;t want to use and Samsung forcing us to move to One Cloud is not giving us options.

I have disabled the app, but ideally I would like to remove it completely because I have no use fo rit. I will probabaly jailbreak my phone so I can remove this app and others that are built in, that I have no use for.

I MacHunt
First Poster
Options

This is such a pain. I have already deleted everything from my Samsung Cloud account as I have an unlimited Google Drive account, which everything is backed up to. I do not want to back up anything to OneDrive!!!

nonyhaha
First Poster
Options

I just jumped through the hoops to login into my samsung account here to say my opinion. 

I am not even signed into my samsung account on my phone. I have never backed up photos to it. I am notble to disable the app or its notifications - samsung cloud. 

So i literally hate this *****. It is my 5th galaxy phone and I am very disapointed because of this ****** notification, besides others.