Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify no longer supported on S3 Watch?

(Topic created on: 10-03-2019 05:17 PM)
Anton69
Explorer
Options

Spotify used to work great from my first S3 and for the first several months of my new S3 watch. Since roughly November 2018 it's gotten worse and worse, though, and now it simply won't work at all.

Click on Spotify on the watch and after a while of just a spinning circle I now get told to open the app on my phone, or, having uninstalled and reinstalled, from the Spotify login screen on the watch I get "Connect to wifi or mobile networks to start listening."  My watch is connected via bluetooth to my phone, so what's the problem?

I'm not the only one with this issue - looking at the reviews of the Spotify app on the Shop app, the 4 and 5 star ratings are consistent until roughly November 2018, then the reviews consistently drop to 1 star and comprise complaints about Spotify not connecting.

Has Samsung withdrawn support for Spotify? Or Spotify withdrawn support for Tizen? As the problem seems to have been around the time of an software update, is it simply a certificate that someone forgot to renew?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
illetyus
Explorer
Options

Spotify and Samsung should be working together, Spotify has not updated their app for ages. 

0 Likes
mitopa
Pathfinder
Options

it's also integrated into the Samsung Music app, version 16.2.x.

0 Likes
pkylle
Explorer
Options

Not working on Galaxy Watch either. Same scenario and you might be presented with a login page to either Spotify or Facebook, and even if you enter correct values for login - it fails.

Can anyone present a successful step by step procedure to get Spotify running?

illetyus
Explorer
Options
Quick update guys.

Spotify has re-appeared on my Galaxy Store.

No April fools.

Go check out.
0 Likes
Anton69
Explorer
Options
Ok, but does the app actually work? I mean, I have the app on my watch - it just won't actually log in, just says open the app on my phone instead. Which is bloody annoying when I'm out for a run.
0 Likes