Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Spotify for galaxy watch

(Topic created on: 11-03-2019 04:20 PM)
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

Hey guys 

I'm hoping someone can help me? Does anyone know if you can still install the spotify app for the galaxy watch?

I can't seem to find it in the galaxy wearables app, a search doesn't even bring up the option to install it either 😔 

I've tried searching for a solution on Google but nothing has helped.

Thanks in advance 😊

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
SteveW3
Journeyman
Options

Have same issue. Got my Galaxy Watch and S10+ yesterday. Installed on phone ok but had to call Samsung who said I need to speak to the Apps team on Monday as they're closed today. Just not appearing in app store but is available on my old gear s3 and s8+

TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks for taking the time to reply Steve, greatly appreciated 👍

Exactly same issue as you then. Got the new S10+ yesterday, set it all up today and though spotify installed and works as it should on the phone. It's not appearing on the apps store to install on watch though was available on the gear s3 and s9+

Be interested to hear the response you get from the apps team on Monday if you could be so kind and post their response please?

0 Likes
SteveW3
Journeyman
Options

No worries, will let you know when I find out

0 Likes
Wormo182
Student
Options

Hi there, I also have the same issue with S10 paired with galaxy watch lte. Have messaged Spotify, they replied by saying to ask Samsung support when it would be available in the app store. 

0 Likes
Electr0
Explorer
Options

There is a thread on the Spotify forums about this.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/No-Spotify-on-Galaxy-Store-Galaxy-Watch/idi-p/469751...

Go and sign up for the forums, add your phone/watch/location details and then vote for the issue.

At this point in time there is nothing else we can do 😞

0 Likes
Solution
SteveW3
Journeyman
Options

There is a god. Was racking my brains as to why Spoify is not appearing in Galaxy Store but eveything has been resolved.

On the watch, go to the Samsung music icon. Click on the 3 dots on the right side, click on the Music player Icon, scroll down to Spotify and click on the Spotify dot. Come out and go to Galaxy App Store on your watch and then search Spotify. It appears and I have just downloaded it to my watch. 

You must have a Premium account and installed on your phone however. 

Enjoy people

TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options
Steve you're a star thank you for the time and effort it has taken you, much appreciated and I'm sure this solution will help many others!
pwoap
First Poster
Options

Hey Steve, there is not that option on Galaxy Watch. And no Spotify app through Samsung Wearable. Did the factory reset and installed new watch firmware. 

Nada 😞 

0 Likes
Wormo182
Student
Options

Just done your solution , Spotify app shows in the galaxy store now!! Nice work :smiling-face:

0 Likes