Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Split Screen Not Working - Note 8

(Topic created on: 24-03-2019 02:20 AM)
Rozzyee
Student
Options

Hi

I can't seem to turn on split screen at all. The option used to be there when you pressed the middle button and could click on the two lines for any open apps that supported the functionality.

I have searched in settings:

"Split"

"Multi"

"Dual"

"Screen"

And nothing comes up for the the split screen options which makes me feel like the option has disappeared?

Can anyone advise?

Go to solution
21 REPLIES 21
DanaDane
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20200430-110202_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
Pamela10019
Apprentice
Options

I have a note 8 smartphone I don't have the option for split screen anymore. I opened two apps then hit home button, then hit recents. all the recent apps are there but there NO option to open in split screen. what happened to it?

Pamela10019
Apprentice
Options
Does not work on my note 8 anymore. Only work on the edge screen if two apps are already paired.
0 Likes
ejfullerene
First Poster
Options

so it s not just me. Was able to use it yesterday. Not anymore today

Je655
Helping Hand
Options

You need to click the apps icon.

I included information to make every app split screen or usable in pop up view in this post:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s9-s9/split-screen-on-s9-after-update/m-p/1847131#M23261

Click the image used to open your app from the home screenClick the image used to open your app from the home screen

Then you should have similar options listedThen you should have similar options listed

DanaDane
First Poster
Options

It's there.  Was just changed to another way to get to it.  On the same thread, there are most that show you how to do it.  

0 Likes
Hiamol
Apprentice
Options

It's not there. this feature is missing in my note 8 since One UI came a year back something. Can anyone provide screenshots or ways to go to a split screen without the paired app on edge screen?

Thank you

ARIEMOSA
First Poster
Options

You are doing everything right.  When selecting recent apps button, press on the icon of the app you wish to split and a menu will appear.  Select split screen and that should work for you. Hope this is helpful. 

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options
Check out this post https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s9-s9/split-screen-on-s9-after-update/m-p/1847131#M23261
There are a few options in good lock that might help
0 Likes
Michael223s
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20210905-225716_Galaxy Store.jpg

freinds all around who cannot figure out what the problem is  I have your answer . We have been done dirty! The update removed it and samsung has now tried to charge us for it and I am upset that I have just found this out and samsung is playing dumb but they knew what they did but I've found the answer

0 Likes