Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Specific device bluetooth disconnected at specific location

(Topic created on: 31/12/20 17:27)
Colette77
Options
Mobile Apps & Services

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to disconnect only a device (Bluetooth connected) once arriving at a location?

I have a Bluetooth device in my car to turn on my cell hotspot and I want to disconnect the Bluetooth device once I am not in my car. The device has a very long range signal (also has power continuously --does turn off after a certain period of time not having any connections on--) and my cell will keep the connection on for a long time when I am in my office at work. 

I don't want to turn off my cell Bluetooth as I have my Buds+ and my Fitbit connected to it.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Shazzkid
Explorer
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
Yes you can do this using a macro app such as Macrodroid or Tasker. I prefer the UI of Macrodroid.

What you can do is set a trigger, an action, and a constraint. For example, the trigger can be a geo fence, for example your home or work, so when you enter the location, the trigger fires the action. The action can be to disconnect from a bluetooth device, such as the one you want. A constraint can be added, such as to only fire on weekdays or at certain times.
So the end result would be, you enter the location boundary/geo fence, then the specific Bluetooth device is disconnected.
The list of triggers, actions and constraints is vast and there is much you can do with these apps.
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
Or go to settings, Bluetooth and tap the connection once to disable and tap again to re-enable.
0 Likes