Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific device bluetooth disconnected at specific location

(Topic created on: 31-12-2020 05:55 PM)
Colette77
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to disconnect only a device (Bluetooth connected) once arriving at a location?

I have a Bluetooth device in my car to turn on my cell hotspot and I want to disconnect the Bluetooth device once I am not in my car. The device has a very long range signal (also has power continuously --does turn off after a certain period of time not having any connections on--) and my cell will keep the connection on for a long time when I am in my office at work. 

I don't want to turn off my cell Bluetooth as I have my Buds+ and my Fitbit connected to it.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes you can do this using a macro app such as Macrodroid or Tasker. I prefer the UI of Macrodroid.

What you can do is set a trigger, an action, and a constraint. For example, the trigger can be a geo fence, for example your home or work, so when you enter the location, the trigger fires the action. The action can be to disconnect from a bluetooth device, such as the one you want. A constraint can be added, such as to only fire on weekdays or at certain times.
So the end result would be, you enter the location boundary/geo fence, then the specific Bluetooth device is disconnected.
The list of triggers, actions and constraints is vast and there is much you can do with these apps.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Or go to settings, Bluetooth and tap the connection once to disable and tap again to re-enable.
0 Likes