Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound issues - SOLVED

(Topic created on: 18-05-2021 10:40 AM)
jay_7
Student
Options

good morning!

i'm having problems with my samsung galaxy j5 (android version 9) and its sound.

yesterday, it started producing a loud buzzing sound when trying to play sound out loud. this sound continues until the media is closed. it also happens when i press up or down on the volume buttons, lasting for about 5 seconds. it doesn't happen when headphones are plugged in

so far i've tried:

- disabling chrome
- setting the sound equalizer to normal
- removing soundalive's permission to change system settings
- clearing my phone's cache
- restarting several times
- updating to the latest version of android
- checking that i don't have any call recording apps

for now i've downloaded lesser audioswitch to force the phone to only play sound through headphones, as scrolling through apps or web pages that try to play sound or videos is enough to trigger the problem - is this more likely to be a hardware problem, judging by the steps i've taken? or is there anything i've msised?

thank you!!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
jay_7
Student
Options

wiping cache partition did the trick for this! just posting this here in case anyone else ever has similar issues :smiling-face:

- switch off phone
- hold home + power key + volume until logo appears
- use the volume key to go down to "wipe cache partition", press power to select
- select yes
- reboot system now

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Solution
jay_7
Student
Options

wiping cache partition did the trick for this! just posting this here in case anyone else ever has similar issues :smiling-face:

- switch off phone
- hold home + power key + volume until logo appears
- use the volume key to go down to "wipe cache partition", press power to select
- select yes
- reboot system now

0 Likes