Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some of my apps dont work

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 06:57 PM)
sammyconz
Apprentice
Options

I was in and out of apps as I usually do, logged into my PayPal by mistake so closed it and pressed my Halifax but every time I pressed it nothing happened. Went on a few different apps and also did the same. I managed to get on my Halifax by uninstaling and adding again but it's done it again. Please help is my phone compromised because is seems to be apps with extra security or am I being paranoid 

EDIT...... if you go to Google play and uninstall webview it should sort itself out. Worked for me 🙂

741 REPLIES 741
ADAM8362
Pioneer
Options
Hi the link I have posted is nothing special it should only take you to the play store. Try going to the play store and searching for WEBVIEW then update it. If the apps still don't work then contact samsung
0 Likes
Fahd2020
Journeyman
Options
You will need to remove webapp and everything will work .. I've done this on my Samsung fold and everything is fine
0 Likes
Woo
First Poster
Options
Thank you dewill your a life saver
0 Likes
jiggyjo
Student
Options
OMG I've just unistalled android system webview on my apps and all is well again.. thankyou for the advice chalguzza!!
rawtalent
Apprentice
Options
I've just uninstalled Android webview and all working fine now
0 Likes
ADAM8362
Pioneer
Options
Hi all.

Many people have had a issue with the apps on their phone crashing since yesterday. Here is the solution given by samsung. (Note: if it doesn't work then it's not my fault, so don't blame me. I'm just trying to help that's all)

momma15
Apprentice
Options
where do you find android webview
0 Likes
liaur21
Apprentice
Options
Hi everyone to fix the crashing of the apps follow these steps.

Open settings than press apps and then look for android system webview and then press the 3 dots on top right of the screen and uninstall updates.

I just done it and it worked perfectly for me
ADAM8362
Pioneer
Options
If WEBVIEW doesn't update. then contact samsung they might be able to give other beneficial info. I hope the android bug is fixed
0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
Yeah I posted the fix/solution this morning as the update to fix had been released . After the update all apps should be running fine now. 🙂
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/app-crashes-android-system-webview/td-p/312...