Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some of my apps dont work

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 05:41 PM)
sammyconz
Apprentice
Options

I was in and out of apps as I usually do, logged into my PayPal by mistake so closed it and pressed my Halifax but every time I pressed it nothing happened. Went on a few different apps and also did the same. I managed to get on my Halifax by uninstaling and adding again but it's done it again. Please help is my phone compromised because is seems to be apps with extra security or am I being paranoid 

EDIT...... if you go to Google play and uninstall webview it should sort itself out. Worked for me 🙂

741 REPLIES 741
Tuttibetty
First Poster
Options
I thought I was doing a good thing and now.my phone crashes all the time after the update. Now who fixea this mess?
person90
Apprentice
Options
: Go settings > apps > tap the three dots in the top right corner > show system apps > search for Android System WebView > select Uninstall updates.
0 Likes
dewill
Journeyman
Options
I had this problem today, i have just uninstalled ANDROID SYSTEM WEBVIEW ( found it in the app store) MY PHONE IS WORKING PERFECT NOW. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE 
DVNaren
Apprentice
Options
Some of my S10 apps not working
0 Likes
Arabianstar
Voyager
Options
The issue is related to a system component called Android System WebView. Google released a buggy update to the component via the Play Store, which resulted in app crashes for many users. If you are facing the same issue on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone or tablet, you should try to check the Play Store and update the Android System WebView app (version 89.0.04389.105).

If you can’t spot the update, you can fix it by uninstalling the latest update to the Android System WebView. You can do that by taking the following steps on your device running One UI 3:

Navigate to Settings » AppsNow tap on the sort button (with a downward arrow on it), enable the Show system apps toggle, and then tap on OK.Now find Android System WebView and tap on it.Tap on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen.Now select Uninstall updates

If you are on a device running Android 9, you can do the following:

Navigate to Settings » AppsTap on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen.Now tap on Show system apps.Now find Android System WebView and tap on it.Now select Uninstall updates.

Alternatively, you can also try to uninstall the update to Android System WebView directly from the Play Store.
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
Their a new update where they should be a problem so no point in uninstall it.
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
0 Likes
Options
ok
0 Likes
Mamma
First Poster
Options
Anyone tried Aklima,s fix.?
Central147
First Poster
Options
Same Same, did you do anything to sort it out (other than what you have said) driving me nuts!!
0 Likes