Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Some of my apps dont work

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 03:18 AM)
sammyconz
Apprentice
Options

I was in and out of apps as I usually do, logged into my PayPal by mistake so closed it and pressed my Halifax but every time I pressed it nothing happened. Went on a few different apps and also did the same. I managed to get on my Halifax by uninstaling and adding again but it's done it again. Please help is my phone compromised because is seems to be apps with extra security or am I being paranoid 

EDIT...... if you go to Google play and uninstall webview it should sort itself out. Worked for me 🙂

741 REPLIES 741
merlin89
Student
Options
i cant find a webveiw that is installed on my cell plz help
0 Likes
My name
Apprentice
Options

My Samsung Galaxy S6 has suddenly started force closing many different apps and I can not fully access them.

I have uninstalled 2 apps to make some space in case that is causing the issue.

I have restarted my phone multiple times. I have cleared cache on some of the apps that keep force closing.

However the issue is still on-going.

After clearing data the apps work then after a short while, the problem returns and the app force closes every time. 

Do you know what might solve this problem? Thank you.

Mojo11
First Poster
Options
hi there I'm sorry I don't have a solution but just wanted to say that I'm also experiencing this on my S10E too
0 Likes
VR360
Student
Options
Me too and I got told an app I don't even use has crashed so I was starting to get a bit suspicious
0 Likes
Qumars
Apprentice
Options
Go to the main Android Settings menu, then tap "Apps & Notifications" (just "Applications" on some phones). Find Android System Webview in the list and tap it. (If you can't see the app, check the three-dot menu and tap "show system apps.") Do not disable the app.

Tap the three-dot menu at the top right of this screen, then select "Uninstall updates." This won't uninstall Android System Webview completely—it's an essential component, and many apps will cease to function without it. Instead, it will remove the updates installed from the Play Store and restore it to the version that came with your phone. This isn't ideal, but it's better than having a phone that can't go thirty seconds without an app crash.
r1cky13
Helping Hand
Options
I was just reading this to somewhere top answer
Qumars
Apprentice
Options
This worked for me on my S21 Ultra
0 Likes
zhunmusi
First Poster
Options
i had the same problem on my Tab S7, unintalling the updates seemed to work for me. At least i can open up app without them immediately crashing.
0 Likes
Ineedhelp
First Poster
Options

That fixed my crash problem.  Thank you so much.

0 Likes
kathyb132
First Poster
Options
thank you. This has just solved my problems to
0 Likes